Inflammation is the body’s own self-defense process that protect us from harmful stimuli like pathogens, irritants, or damaged cells that leads to healing process.
However, infection, and inflammation which are considered to be the leading cause of disease are different because infection is caused by bacteria, fungus or virus while inflammation is the self, healing mechanism of the body against pathogens.
If the inflammation persists, and is not a part of healing process than it can be more detrimental to your health as it might damages your body, and cause disease.
Some Root-Causes of Inflammation:
1) Omega 3, omega 9, and omega 6 imbalance
2) Excessive Sugar
All these causes leads to chronic inflammation.
Some of the Diseases Triggered by Chronic Inflammation are as Follow:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Heart disease
- Chronic sinusitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Kiran’s Methods to Fight Inflammation are as follow:
1) Best method is to balance the fatty acids. How?
Well, Trans fat, hydrogenated oils commonly known as vegetable oils or processed foods are loaded with omega 6 fatty acids.
- Did you know that the normal ratio between Omega 3 and omega6 should be around:
2:1 or 4:1
Sadly, due to fast food franchise, and with the booming processed foods industry; the impact on your health is severe. How?
Well, it leads to an imbalance in omega 3 and omega 6 ratio by a whopping degree. Stated as under:
10:1 or even more
Which result in formation of inflammation.
- Let’s now learn about different types of fatty acids:
Omega 9 is monounsaturated fatty acid, while omega 3, and omega 6 are polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Omega 3, and omega 6 can’t be produced in your body. So, you require to take them through diet or by supplements.
While omega 9 can be self-produced by your body.
- Let’s now discuss about the dietary sources of these three types of fatty acids:
Omega 3 is present in:
- Olive oil,
- Oily fishes like herring, mackerel, tuna, halibut, salmon and sardines
While, omega 6 is present in the following foods:
- Trans fats,
- Vegetable oils
- Processed foods
- Bakery items
- Fried foods
And omega 9 is present in the following foods:
- Olive oil.
So, the million dollar question is how we can balance these fatty acids to a ratio which helps in promoting anti-inflammatory properties? Unlike inflammation, anti-inflammatory properties helps to fight the damage caused by the inflammation.
- Steps to Balance Omega 3 and omega 6 are as following:
- Eat anti-inflammatory diet as it is high source of omega 3 fatty acids, and fiber.
- Avoid trans-fat, vegetable oils, and processed foods.
- Have more omega 9 foods it will automatically be less in omega 6 fatty acids.
- If you are a vegetarian then you require to take flaxseeds, marine algae, and other dietary sources of omega 3 fatty acids. Because plant based omega 3 fatty acids are not easily absorbed or converted into desirable fat structure in your body.
- If you are pregnant then it is better to take fish oil supplement than eat fish due to the high content of mercury present in the fish.
2) Avoid Sugar:
Sugar is the worst kind of addiction incomparision with heroin or cocaine. According an experiment done on the mice who were addicted to cocaine it was found that cocaine was less addictive than sugar. Rats were given choice between sugar water, and cocaine. Surprising, they opted for sugar syrup in comparison with cocaine, each time. Clearly, proving the sugar addiction as a fact.
According to another study, carried by Dr Sircus, it is believed that cancer is caused by inflammation which can be cured by starving the cancer patients from sugar in their diet.
As, you already know that cancer is trigger by inflammation which is caused by excessive intake of sugar or high fructose corn syrup.
So, avoid all forms of sugar whether artificial or refined completely. You can have little amount of raw sweetener like date sugar or raw honey.
3) Reduce Stress:
Latest research has proven the role of psychological stress in triggering inflammation, and formation, and progression of disease. So, what can be done to de-stress yourself?
Well, I suggest you to do the following:
- Go out in nature
- Do something fun with friends, and family
- Nurture spirituality
- Do meditation, and deep breathing exercises
- Take massage
- Listen to soothing verses from Quran or Bible or whatever your religion promotes
- Taking care of your physical appearance, and having a regular warm bath is also relaxing.
- Do yoga or stretching.
- Take proper sleep or rest.
- Finally, take B vitamins, and fish oil as they helps to regulate your mood.
Apply all these methods to de-stress, and unwind from the emotional, and physical stress imposed on you by the routine life.
4) Exercise as the Treatment against Inflammation:
Research, has proven that the regular physical activity can drop inflammation in your body to a large extent. As you already know that depression is caused by inflammation. Which can be hugely reduced by doing regular exercise. So in a nutshell, regular exercise is the answerable cure to inflammation, and the diseases that are triggered by inflammation.
5) Eat Organic:
Have organic produce as it is rich in nutrients, and are cultivated in a manner which is safe from pesticides, and chemicals. So, reduce your pesticides exposure via your diet, and go for organic if you can’t find that locally then buy conventional produce but never purchase GMO. If you will do that you will automatically be saved from chemicals that lead to disease-causing inflammation. As pesticides are leading cause of neurogenic inflammation that causes asthma, and arthritis. Avoid all these inflammation based diseases by going pesticides-free by eating organic produce.
Follow my advice for the fight against the number 1 cause of disease known as inflammation.
All the best!
In the end, I would like my readers to be informed that I have published my new book namely, “Your Guide to Good Health.’ It’s available on the previous hyperlink, do buy to get the basic health coaching required for great health!