Since a long time, many people keep talking about lemon and honey water, we know this drink is healthy for sure, but have you tried? Crystal Davis wanted to see if there would really be any difference in her health if she keeps drinking lemon and honey water for one year. She embarked on a 12 month journey, during this period of time she drank honey and lemon water every morning.
First of all, she made the drink in this way:
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Organic fresh lemon
- Purified water
Boil some water and let it cool a little in a mug.
Add fresh juice of half a lemon and mix in raw, organic honey after the water cooled down.
To drink immediately before your breakfast, you can add in a little bit of cold water.
After 1 year, these were the main things she noticed:
1.During the 12 months no cold, flu or digestive problem for her. There were days when she felt low in energy or had a light headache. However, in the whole year, no illness materialized.
2.She felt no need coffee in the morning anymore, it seemed that she no longer craved caffeine!
3.She became a morning person. The new morning habit also resulted in a new morning rhythm.
4. Crystal make this drink for her family as well. They, too, had positive experience and reduced their sick days.
She listed more major benefits to drinking warm honey lemon water every morning:
- NutrientsLemons are a natural source of vitamin C, vitamin B, carbohydrates, magnesium, phosphorus, and calcium. Honey contains vitamin B, folate, vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium.
- DigestionThe digestive qualities of lemon help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating. Honey helps with the production of mucus in the stomach, helping to flush out toxins
- IllnessesLemon water and honey can relieve coughing and a sore throat.
- DetoxifyLemon helps flush out unwanted materials in part because it increases the rate of urination in the body.
- Weight LossHoney is thought to help burn excess fat, and lemon is high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings.
You can also drink another glass after dinner to help burn fat.
- Beauty SkinSince the lemon and honey drink purges toxins from your blood, it would also be helping to keep your skin clear of blemishes from the inside out. The vitamin C contained in the drink rejuvenates the skin from within your body.
Needless to say, Crystal Davis is continuing with her morning health regimen, as well as her family. So why you don’t start too?
You can also experiment with this Potato Juice and Carrot, Apple and Beet Juice as they have amazing health benefits as well.