Acne is a nightmare to both men and women, especially girls who are teenagers. Besides the most common area that is the facial skin, acne often appear on the back, which also cause you a lot of annoyance and the loss of confidence.
Basically, back acne is the result of the excessive oil production combining with dirt, bacteria or dead skin cells. Besides, there are also other factors leading to the condition, including imbalanced hormonal levels caused by insomnia or stress, unhealthy lifestyle with bad habits.
Fortunately, back acne can be treated with various natural ingredients found in our pantry. By using these treatments, you can quickly and effectively get rid of the nightmare of acne on back without worrying about acne scar.
Let’s find out top 15 home remedies for back acne.
1. Olive Oil
To successfully get a flawless and healthy skin, make use of olive oil as your treatment for back acne. Not only reducing the appearance of acne on back, the ingredient is also able to moisturize the skin, keeping it elastic and healthy.
- Use a cotton swab or your clean finger to dab the oil onto the affected area. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes then rinse off with water. Do this daily until you see improvement
- Alternatively, add some drops of olive oil into your bath milk and use it to gently massage the area of affected skin. Finally wash it off with water.
Learn more about other benefits of olive oil at
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon is a great ingredient used to exfoliate the skin, which contributes to the treatments of back acne. Furthermore, by regularly applying lemon, you can help lighten the skin and keep it safe from acne.
- Take a lemon and cut them into two halves. Use them to apply onto the affected area 2-3 times a weeks. Do not forget to wear sunscreen when going out in daylight.
- Alternatively, dilute the juice by adding into it a little water or mix it with honey then apply topically onto the acne. Leave it for at least 15 minutes before washing off with water.
3. Physiological Salt
To prevent acne and improve your skin, give them enough attention to take a proper care, especially with acne skin. If the condition of skin acne is neglected, it can easily become worse with the symptoms of swelling, redness and scar. Physiological salt is among the most suitable ingredient used to make home remedies for back acne.
After taking a bath, use physiological salt to apply onto your skin. Give them a massage then leave it for 10-15 minutes. Finally rinse it off with water.
The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties in honey are the key in treating back acne. Also, the ingredient helps to moisturize the skin and prevent acne scar after treatments. Honey can be used to treat various other skin problems such as burns and insect bites.
Simply use pure honey to apply onto the affected area. Leave it for 10-15 minutes then rinse off with water. Do this daily until the condition improves.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar makes a perfect home remedies for back acne due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties. By using the liquid, you can get a smooth back with health skin.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar in clean water with the portion of 1:2
- Use the mixture to rub the affected area
- Leave it for a few minutes before washing it off with water
Learn more about other benefits of apple cider vinegar at Home Remedies for Oral Thrush.
6. Brown Sugar
Brown sugar is well known for its glycolic acid, which can effectively exfoliate the dead skin cells. Therefore, it makes a great treatment for back acne.
- Take some brown sugar and mix it with fresh milk
- Apply the mixture on your back
- Give it a massage then leave it on for a few minutes
- Finally rinse off with water
7. Green Tea Oil
Green tea oil is an excellent source of antioxidant and antibacterial properties, which can help you to address the problems of back acne.
- Directly apply the oil onto your affected area with a clean cotton cloth
- Let it dry naturally and do not need to wash off with water
Besides removing dead skin cells, oatmeal is also able to cleanse the pore and accelerate the healing process. This is the reason why you should put oatmeal into the list of home remedies for back acne.
- Mix oatmeal with a little water to make a firm paste
- Apply the paste over your back and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it off with water. Do this at least twice a week for the best result.
9. Green Bean
Among the ingredients used to treat back acne, green bean is standing out for its precious elements.
- Crush some green beans to get the powder
- Mix it with a little water to get a paste
- Apply the paste onto the affected area of your back and leave it on for 30 minutes
- Wash off again with lukewarm water
Avocado has always been a good friend of women since it can take a good care of your skin face. Also, the fruit can make you surprised for its ability to treat back acne by cleansing the pore, reducing swelling and promoting healing process.
- Mix half of avocado with 1 teaspoon of honey and ¼ cup of oatmeal
- After bathing, use the mixture to gently rub your back for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse it off with water
11. Melaleuca Oil
By moisturizing the skin and easing the swelling, melaleuca oil can make a powerful home remedy for back acne.
- After bathing, use a proper amount of melaleuca oil to gently rub on your back skin
- After 15 minutes, wash it off with clean water
- Do this at least 2-3 times a week to get the best result.
- Stop using if you noticing allergic symptoms
Thanks to the antioxidant and anti-aging properties, ginger is acknowledged as a wonderful ingredient used to make treatments for back acne.
- Grind some ginger to get the juice then dissolve it with tepid water
- Use this mixture to wash you back every day until you see improvement.
13. Rice Bran
Another great treatment for back acne is rice bran, which can cleanse the pore by removing dead skin cells, excessive oil and dirt.
- Take a teaspoon of rice bran and mix well with skim milk and honey
- Use the mixture to apply onto the affected area and gently rub it
- Let it sit on and get dried naturally
- Finally wash off with warm water
With active agents, clay is able to clean the pore and completely get rid of back acne.
- Mix clay with attar and to get a paste
- Use the paste to massage the back area after bathing
- Rinse it off with water after 15 minutes
- Finally, rub some ice cube on the back to ease the skin
15. Clean Your Bed
One of the main causes leading to back acne is the bacteria in your mattress and blanket. Without cleaning up your bed, all treatments will not give any result. Besides, remember not to let your wet hair touch the back since the remaining chemicals of shampoo or other hair products can easily penetrate into your back skin. Also, do not wear clothes that are too tight and avoid hot spicy food as well as staying up late.
More by Jenny Heth