Garlic is such a popular herb for many ailments, and people use it almost everyday, no matter put it in the salads or in other foods you cook, eat it raw or cooked, it is always doing so much more for overall health. It not only makes foods taste better, also provides many medicinal benefits too. And when consumed it regularly, it has been shown to help prevent cancers, including prostate, colon, stomach and breast cancer.
A diet rich in raw garlic is a great defense against bacterial, viral and fungal infections. Some important things you should know about this miracle herb, including some “how-to” tips and tricks about how to use it for health:
- Garlic is a food super low in calories, with 4 calories per clove (about 3g).
- Garlic is a good source of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy immune system.
- Garlic contains high levels of iodine, and thanks to this, it has been shown to be effectively at treating hyperthroid conditions.
- Garlic is high in vitamin C and scurvy is treated by vitamin C.
- Garlic regulates blood sugar by enhancing the level of insulin in the blood.
- Garlic aids in the prevention of several cancers, including prostate cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, stomach cancer and bladder cancer.
- Garlic promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.
Natural oil made of raw garlic is immensely beneficial, massage garlic oil into scalp is an effective remedy for preventing hair loss. Olive oil or almond oil mixed for additional benefits.
- Garlic works to ward off mosquitoes and other insects.
A popular and simple method to use garlic to get rid of mosquitoes is preparing minced dried garlic and sprinkle it around the areas with mosquitoes. You even can see result inside some minutes.
- According to studies, garlic assists babies to gain weight while they are in the womb, thus preventing low weight babies.
- Rub garlic and honey on a cold sore to get rid of it, this is a simple and economical way to deal with this annoying problem.
- It’s recommended that applying garlic oil to the skin tags may cause it to be killed and fall off. Or you can use a slice of garlic taped over the area for a whole day, and keep doing for 3 days, your problem will be solved.
- Garlic protects against heavy metal poisoning, choose aged garlic for this purpose.
- Garlic doesn’t need to be refrigerated, as it likes air circulation, and keep it in the fridge may affect the flavors of nearby foods.
- There are 300 varieties of garlic and most of which has been grown for more than 5000 years.
- There is a special day for this miracle food. April 19 is National Garlic Day.