– Credit card checks about twice a month
– Catalogs that you never purchased from
– Pre-approved unsolicited credit cards
– Weekly circular, and the proverbial…
– You may already be a winner!
– With receiving checks from your credit card companies, call them or go online to your account and opt out!
– Unsolicited pre-approved credit card offers, visit: www.Creditsourceonline.com/opt-out.html
– Flyers, Advertisements: Call 1-888-5-OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688) and ask to have your name removed from direct marketing lists. Prefer doing things online? Then visit: www.OptOutPreScreen.com, this is the official consumer credit reporting website.
– Catalogs! Send an e-mail to [email protected] with your name and address to opt out. Abacus is the database used by nearly all product catalogs. HOWEVER, if you wish to still receive your favorite catalogs, then create a free account at: Catalogchoice.org. Then choose the catalogs you wish to unsubscribe from.
– You may already be a winner! Really, most of us lose with this one. Email your request for removal to Publishers Clearinghouse at: [email protected]mail.com
– Weekly circulars like the Val-Paks. Fill out the form at:
These steps may take some time, but you will be saving a great deal more of your time when completed. Some reports have stated that these steps can even help to reduce any temptation that may cause you to fall further in debt. Also removing your name from marketers’ databases can help to protect your privacy.
One more thing… Those unsolicited telemarketing phone calls that we get just after we give thanks and start eating dinner! Stop most of them within one month by registering your telephone number online at: www.DoNotCall.gov or call toll free at: 1-888-382.1222. Registration is free and you may need to renew every few years, so check directions on the website.
Best wishes for a clutter free, paper saving mailbox by the curb!
Environmental Scientist at
Contribute your comments!