- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 tbsp baking soda
- 25 drops essential oil (peppermint, clove, or citrus pure essential oil)
- 1 tsp stevia
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until you achieve a proper paste texture.
2. If it’s runny, add a small amount of baking soda; and if it’s too dry, add more coconut oil.
3. Taste it and if you want a more flavorful paste, then add more essential oil
4. Store in an opaque container. That’s done.
This money-saving toothpaste recipe let you bypass the syntheti ingredients that commercial toothpaste often contain. Coconut oil has tons of other uses:
1. Moisturizing Shower Scrub:
- 1 cup coconut oil;
- 1/2 cup aloe vera gel;
- 1/4 cup baking soda
2. Frizzy Hair Remedy:
After washing and conditioning, rub a small amount between palms and smooth over wet hair
3. Do as Hair Mask:
- 2 Tbs olive oil,
- 2 Tbs coconut oil,
- 2 Tbs almond oil,
- some lemon juice.
4. Condition your wooden cutting boards.
5. Keep a little container in your purse for lip moisturizer.
6. Use on your baby’s diaper rash or cradle cap.
7. Use to help reduce visibility of stretch marks or to prevent stretch marks.
8. For nursing mothers, use coconut oil on your nipples to prevent cracking and irritation.
9. If you’re prone to nosebleeds, coat the inside of your nostrils with coconut oil regularly.
10. Ear infections. Tilt your head to the side and put a few drops in (or a small chunk if you don’t want to melt it… your body heat will soon melt it).
11. Homemade VapoRub:
- 3 Tbs. Coconut Oil – melted;
- 3-5 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil;
- 6-10 drops Rosemary Essential Oil.
Place oil into a small container and add in essential oils. Then just rub on chest, under nose or on to feet.
12. Insect Repellent:
Mix with peppermint, lemon balm, rosemary, or tea tree oil
13. Strengthening Nails:
Add a drop of lavender to a little dish of coconut oil and rub it into your nails and they will be strong and lovely.
14. As a treatment for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.
15. Melt a tablespoon of it and pour it into your smoothie:
- 1 cup full-fat yogurt,
- 1/2 cup strawberries,
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup,
- 1Tbsp melted coconut oil.
16. Sore Throat Remedy:
If you feel a sore throat coming on, let a spoonful of coconut oil dissolve on your tongue and coat your throat.
Spoon 3 tbsp. of shea butter into a medium bowl. Add 6 tbsp. of coconut oil to the shea butter. Whip the two ingredients together using a wire whisk.
Add 2 tbsp. of zinc oxide to the mixture and blend with the wire whisk.