Allergic rhinitis is a nasal problem that affects millions of people in the world. Specifically, it consists of series of symptoms appearing when you breathe in an allergen such as pollen, dust or animal hair. Besides, food is also another potential cause of your allergic rhinitis.
Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis
Allergic rhinitis is divided into two main groups: chronic allergic rhinitis and seasonal allergic rhinitis. As soon as you get contact with some triggering factors such as dust, pollen, animal dander, etc., you possibly experience these following symptoms:
- Watery eyes
- Runny nose
When the condition gets worse, it is accompanied with:
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
- Puffiness and dark circle under the eyes
Causes of Allergic Rhinitis
As mentioned, allergic rhinitis is triggered by allergens such as dust, mold, animal dander and especially pollen. In case of pollen, you do not necessarily get allergy because of directly contacting with grasses, weeds, trees or flowers. In fact, their pollen can be carried by the wind or insects, which is the reason why get allergic rhinitis no matter where you are.
People are vulnerable to allergic rhinitis mainly due to history of allergy running in the family or weak immunity.
Here are top 10 natural home remedies for allergic rhinitis that are 10 must-know treatments helping you quickly ease the condition…
The simplest allergic rhinitis treatment you should immediately try is using steam. By removing excess mucus and allergens in nasal passages, steam helps quickly ease the irritation and other symptoms like sneezing and sore throat.
- Use a big bowl of hot water and add into it some drops of essential oil like olive oil, tee tree oil and olive oil, etc.
- Place your head above the bowl so that the steam doesn’t cause you burned. Cover your head with a towel.
- Breathe in deeply the steam for some minutes.
- Do this several times a day to instantly improve the condition.
Another excellent ingredient you can use for home remedies for allergic rhinitis is garlic, which is packed with antibacterial, antiviral and antibiotic properties. It has been confirmed that consuming garlic everyday helps strongly boost your immunity.
- Simply chew some garlic cloves a day.
- If you cannot stand the taste and smell of raw garlic, try to add it in your daily meal.
3. Citrus Fruits
Citrus fruits are packed with vitamin C, a valuable substance that is good for your immunity and can help reduce symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
You can choose more citrus fruits for your daily meal such as orange, lemon, grapefruit, etc.
Ginger is able to boost immune system, prevent and treat various types of diseases, including allergic rhinitis. Specifically, with the antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties, ginger alleviates some symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as runny nose, cough, and headache. That is the reason why you should use ginger to make home remedies for allergic rhinitis.
- Grate some ginger along with some garlic cloves. Put them into hot water with a cinnamon piece.
- Leave it for some minutes before straining and adding honey and lemon juice.
- Consume the solution at least 3 times a day.
- Alternatively, simply chew some pieces of ginger during the day.
In the list of home remedies for allergic rhinitis, you shouldn’t skip peppermint, an incredible herb that brings you a wide range of benefits, including treating allergy.
- You can add some peppermint oil into hot water and inhale the steam.
- Also, use some fresh peppermint leaves to chew daily.
- Finally, add more peppermint into your daily meal.
Onion has been found with strong antihistamine, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties, which makes it a perfect ingredient used in home remedies for allergic rhinitis.
All you need to do is simply adding more onion into your daily meal to enhance immunity and reduce the symptoms.
Another spice that is useful in treatments of allergic rhinitis is turmeric. Particularly, the ingredient contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Furthermore, turmeric is also able to boost the immunity to fight back symptoms of allergic rhinitis and other diseases as well.
- Add 6 tablespoons of turmeric powder in the same amount of honey then mix well.
- Keep the mixture in an airtight container.
- Consume 1 teaspoon of it 2 times a day or whenever you find it needed.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains excellent antibiotic and antihistamine properties that can help you in allergic rhinitis treatments. In detail, the liquid is highly effective in easing symptoms of the condition like nasal congestion, headache while stimulating the immune system.
- Dissolve 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar into warm water.
- Consume the solution 3 times a day.
- You can add some honey to improve the taste if you wish.
9. Raw Milk
Milk is good for your immunity as well as skeletal system, as it is rich in vitamins, minerals, other nutrients and especially calcium. As a result, milk can help you deal with some problems of health like itchy nose, sneezing, nasal congestion, fatigue, etc. This is the reason why you should try the home remedy of allergic rhinitis that uses milk.
Simply consume 1-2 glasses of milk everyday.
10. Black Cumin
Finally, black cumin helps complete our list of home remedies for allergic rhinitis by showing itself as an amazing ingredient used to alleviate the condition and quickly improve your health.
All you need to do to make use of black cumin in treating allergic rhinitis is adding it more into your daily meal.
More by Jenny Heth
- How to Get Rid of Dry Skin – Top 10 Common Ways
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of Double Chin – Top Pocket-friendly Treatments
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- Home Remedies for Alopecia
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Ingrown Toenail