The builders of the pyramids wrote down that they consume raw garlic in huge quantities. It helped them to expel demons. It was used because these small white-purple vegetables give energy and power to the body. This we call now: it enhances the immune system.
Scientific research confirms this view. For what was meant by demons are diseases. With our life energy, we fight diseases. In fact, the immune system is a concept that doesn´t reflect reality. We just have life energy.
When someone suffered a disease in ancient times, it was said that he or she was possessed by ´demons´. Now the word ´demon´ has another meaning. The disease-demons are alive. Garlic is a well known natural antibiotic. It kills more than bacteria alone; also viruses and fungi are being controlled by eating this.
Fresh garlic is better than supplement
Diallyl disulfide is the component of which scientists say it is the main active component, together with allicin. Though, other scientific reports show that the vegetable itself works better than a supplement. The synergetic effect of all components in whole garlic makes the vegetable stronger. Sometimes this is a phenomenon called ´the synergetic food matrix´.
How to avoid garlic breath?
People always complain beforehand about the smell of garlic which is about to change their whole social life. This is a virtual problem. After eating a little bit of a raw clove, you should eat parsley. It takes away the smell. How does this work? The components which produce the well-known smell, are absorbed by the mucous membrane of the stomach. This mucous membrane gives these substances to the mucous of the lungs. In this way, the lungs are being cleared from slime. The medicinal function of garlic helps the lungs. This is the reason why your breath smells. The medicinal components are pouring out in your lungs. Is there nothing to do about it? Of course not.
There are more plants that use this way. Parsley also uses the mucous membrane path to the lungs. It pushed away the garlic molecules and stopped your breath from smelling. In this case, parsley is extra good for the lungs. Instead of parsley, you can use most other green herbs like thyme, oregano, sage, and mint. These herbs are fine to drink as a tea. In some countries, people are eating 12 cloves of garlic a day. Though most are not being eaten raw, this shows that there is no reason to avoid garlic. Examples of garlic-loving countries are Italy and South Korea.
Some medicinal benefits
- This vegetable lowers inflammation. It works as a preventive agent for obesity, diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, Parkinson, dementia, Alzheimer, and ADHD.
- Diallyl disulfide promotes the uptake of iron. Therefore, eating this tiny vegetable is good against fatigue and anemia.
- This medicinal vegetable makes oxidized cholesterol (plaque) in the arteries disappear. It is good against arteriosclerosis and all other cardiovascular diseases. It is a cardioprotective agent.
- It controls blood pressure, according to Saudi Arabian research.
- Ir is a natural antibiotic. Therefore, you can use it to prevent and combat the flu and the common cold.
- Scientific research shows that all medicinal benefits of garlic disappear after one minute of preparing in a microwave. Other research shows that some bio-active, beneficial components loose all bio-activity after heating in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Garlic is good against cancer because it contains diallyl disulfide and a relatively high amount of omega 3 fatty acids.
Medicinal kitchen uses of garlic
This incomplete list shows that you should not hesitate but start using this medicinal vegetable. When it is too hard for you to eat it raw, you can add them on your slice of bread. They go well with peanut butter or tahini. Make a salad with just one clove of raw garlic cut in small tiny cubes. You can add grated carrots, grated beets, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers but also spinach, Chinese cabbage, raw celery and watercress. Use parsley, thyme, sage, mint leafs or a combination of them. Add seeds and nuts of your favorite kind. Finish it with oil, vinegar, Celtic sea or Himalaya salt and pepper. In this way, you make a rich salad meal, and you hardly notice the specific taste of which people are frightened. Let your fear of garlic go and enjoy your medicine!
- Antibacterial: http://enterpathog.com/16749.fulltext
- Meta study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4103721/
- Antioxidant: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11238807
- Lowers cholesterol: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11238803
- Lowers cholesterol: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/0008363171
- Potential to reduce cancer risk: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3915757/
- Cardioprotective: http://nutritionj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1475-2891-1-4
- General info: http://www.geneeskrachtigegroenten.nl/Groenten-en-hun-medicinale-werking/Knoflook/
- Blood pressure: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24035939
- Microwave destroys medicinal benefits: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11238815
- Microwave bioactivity: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10082770
- Plaque disappears: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26764322
- Plaque develeopment slows down: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16484554