Instead of grabbing a sugary drink, try this refreshing detox drink to energize your body and flush out more toxins and excess fat. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredient list.
Watermelon And Cucumber
Watermelons and cucumbers are excellent foods to keep you hydrated. They are low in calories and aid your liver and kidneys to filter and eliminate ammonia and other waste materials.
Water is the best way to hydrate your body and flush out excess toxins and fat.
Lemon (or lime)
Lemon or limes stimulate digestion and bile production. They help your body to loosen and eliminate toxins from the digestive tract.
Adds a refreshing zing to the recipe and improves digestion and toxin elimination.
Detox Drink Recipe
- 1 quart or 1 liter fresh water
- Part of a watermelon, cubed
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 2 juicy lemon or limes, cut into wedges
- Handful of fresh mint (10-15 leaves)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Cube a good amount of watermelon, you can leave the rind on.
- Put the watermelon cubes, together with all other ingredients into a pitcher or jug.
- For an extra citrus kick, cut one lemon into wedges and juice the other one.
- Fill the jug with water.
- Let sit overnight in the fridge to infuse the water.
- Pour over ice just before serving (optional)