Can a DIY flea removal bath for your dog, made in your home, by you, with natural ingredients get any better? Yes, because it actually WORKS without using hash chemicals on you or your pet!
Your dog will be pest free and enjoy the extra bonding time spent with you.
- Half a cup of freshly squeezed lemons.
- Half a cup of liquid castile soap or organic soap with a PH level between 6 and 7.
- Water (amount varies depending on your dog’s size).
Instructions For Making A DIY Flea Removal Bath
- Step 1: Prepare warm water in a tub or bucket.
- Step 2: Mix the freshly squeezed lemons (without seeds) and the half a cup of soap with a PH level between 6 and 7.
- Step 3: Mix until the water feels soft. Note that an organic soap will not lather much as there should be no artificial lathering agents like sodium lauryl sulfate.
- Step 4: Wet your dog with warm water and begin to rub the lemon and organic liquid soap into his or her body.
- Step 5: Rub for at least 5 minutes. Additionally, you may submerge the affected area – typically the backside of your pet – underwater in your tub or bucket for 5-7 minutes. This additional steps will drown any remaining flea. That’s right…fleas also die with submersion and inhalation of water. It is also OK to have the water mixed with soap while submerging the affected area.
- Step 6: Rinse off mixture with warm water and dry your dog.
- Step 7: Watch your dog play itch free.
Flea Removal Bath Benefits
Removing fleas from your dog can be a pesky battle, but it does not have to come with harsh side effects.
The typical “store-shelf” dog flea remover product contains pyrethroid based chemicals. These chemicals are FDA approved and deemed “safe”; yet have been linked to dog seizures, heart attacks, and brain damage.
In addition to the harm your loved pet could experience form not using an organic solution; pyrethroid based chemicals are a possible human carcinogen. These harmful chemicals can cause nerve damage particularly in young children, whose nerve system is still developing.
Making your own DIY flea removal bath will allow you and your pet to bond while keeping each other out of harm’s way! In addition, using an organic soap with a PH level between 6 and 7 will ensure that your loved pet and family remain naturally safe.