While there are quite a number of treatment modes to address drug addiction, using natural remedies, along with the treatment you undergo, will aid in speedy recovery. Here are the top six natural methods for drug addiction.
Diet plays an important role in treating drug addiction. It is essential to have a well balanced diet that can undo the damages caused by addiction, improve overall health, and aid in fighting the compulsion to consume drugs. Here is a ‘must-have’ list to assist with drug addiction.
- Foods rich in antioxidants prevent free radical damage and aid in the regeneration of cells. Cranberry, blackberry, apple, avocados, oranges, leafy greens, cabbage, carrots, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin, whole grains, and nuts are some of the foods high in antioxidants.
- Vitamin C detoxifies the body and aids in reducing withdrawal symptoms.
- Being addicted to alcohol will result in lower levels of calcium, selenium, zinc, and magnesium in the body. Hence, ensure that you eat a well-balanced diet, which will provide you with the necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Amino acids reduce cravings and alleviate depression. They boost norepinephrine levels, which are reduced in those addicted to drugs. Almonds, avocados, and spirulina are some food sources rich in amino acids.
Herbs have been used for centuries by various cultures across the world to treat a wide range of illnesses. Herbs have excellent curative properties and well-established health benefits.
- Passionflower, a herb with amazing medicinal properties, aids drug addiction. It is effective in alleviating withdrawal symptoms. It improves blood pressure levels. It works as a sedative too.
- Milk thistle is yet another potent herb packed with curative properties. It promotes liver health and treats liver conditions owing to addictions. The herb shields the liver from damage caused by toxins.
- Valerian benefits those addicted to alcohol and drugs. It helps with anxiety and depression, whilst strengthening the nervous system.
- Ginkgo biloba, an energy booster, prevents free radical damage. It is recommended for addicts with poor circulation. It also boosts the memory, which again benefits addicts whose memory is affected due to the prolonged use of drugs.
- Dandelion aids in detoxifying the liver. It improves bile flow and is also effective to treat liver conditions.
Yoga, an art form that co-ordinates the body and soul, is an excellent practice to promote physical and mental health. Practicing yoga improves your health, promotes a sense of calm, relieves you of addiction, and aids in the treatment of withdrawal symptoms. It self-disciplines you and creates inner awareness. Yoga poses strengthen the organs, stimulate the glands and provide all round health. It is suggested to seek professional guidance and do the poses under supervision.
Meditation, an ancient practice, calms the mind and promotes inner strength. It aids in achieving clarity of thought, creates self awareness, and alleviates depression. Many turn to drugs as a solution to their emotional disturbances. By influencing the way the brain processes emotions and analytical thinking, meditation makes you respond to situations better and prevents you from seeking drugs. Meditation also disciplines the mind by making you mentally stronger, thus preventing drug cravings.
The Pouyan Method
The Pouyan Method was formulated by Dr. Johnny after years of hard work during which his attempt to come out of addiction with the use other methods had been futile. The Pouyan Method involves using natural methods that cure the cravings for drugs, whilst alleviating the physical and mental damages caused by drug addiction.
Acupuncture is an ancient medical practice that is now used across the world to treat various health conditions. Acupuncture cures drug addictions and their withdrawal symptoms. The treatment relaxes the mind and fights cravings for alcohol. It is essential to have a continuous treatment session to overcome drug addiction.