H1N1 flu or otherwise known as Swine flu has been a real concern for the people of India over the last couple of years. Incredibly infectious in nature, swine flu can spread from one person to another very easily and quickly. The symptoms of this disease are generally visible within 1 to 3 weeks of being infected. When you notice continuous cough along with prolonged tiredness for more than a week, then it advised to get yourself tested for swine flu. Some other prominent symptoms of H1N1 flu virus are as follows:-
- Dry and continuous cough
- Lingering headache
- Prolonging weakness and tiredness
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in bones and muscles
- Pain in joints and limbs
- Nausea and vomiting
- Diarrhea along with pain in the abdominal region
- Sore throat
- Relentless sneezes
- Blocked or running nose
- Disturbed sleep
Even though Swine flu is curable, but prevention is always better than cure. Here we share 10 home remedies to avoid Swine flu and keep your immune system strong.
- Basil : Commonly known as Tulsi in Hindi, Basil possesses high medicinal and therapeutic properties and is very effective in fortification against diseases such as Swine Flu. Either have 5-6 leaves of basil directly or add them to your tea or milk.
- Giloi : Giloi is a widely available plant which possesses positive effects on other herbs, especially Basil leaves. Add a foot-long branch of Gioli and 5-6 basil leaves to water and boil them for approximately 15-20 minutes. You can also add black pepper and black salt to the mixture prepared for taste. The combination is highly effective against Swine Flu.
- Camphor : Camphor is yet another substance readily available in our homes. It has the prowess to fight against Swine Flu and other fatal infections. It is suggested to consume a small piece of camphor once or twice a month. Do not chew camphor at all. Simply swallow it with water or any other liquid or have it with mashed potatoes or banana.
- Coconut Oil : One of the crowning features of coconut oil is its ability to kill disease-causing viruses. Recommended strongly by the doctors, coconut oil and water are best to energize yourself, lose weight and fight against any external elements that enter the body.
- Garlic : Garlic is a healthy food filled with immune-boosting mojos! Having two pods of garlic will certainly enhance your immune system and protect against harmful viruses and infections. If your body is new to garlic, you can simply mince the garlic cloves, leave them for 15 minutes to allow their healing properties to rise and then swallow with a glass of water.
- Carrots : Filled with beta-carotene, carrots provide the body a leg up when fighting against Swine Flu. Have two carrots daily, either in salad or prepare its juice.
- Citrus Fruits : Loaded with Vitamin C, citrus fruits are the easiest way to support your immune system. They are not only tasty but alkalinize the body, which further helps in fighting infections and diseases.
- Aloe Vera : A commonly available plant and very effective against Swine Flu, Aloe Vera has an attested direct effect on our immune system, boosting it and restoring the lost energy. All you need to do is squeeze out the gel from Aloe Vera leaf and mix it with lukewarm water. Drink the mixture once in a day, preferably in the morning.
- Fish : Filled with omega-3, fish like salmon, tuna and mackerel support white blood cells to fight against Swine flu. You can either use fish oil for preparing food or make delightful fish dishes.
- Mullein : Besides protecting you against acute lung congestion, Mullein can be utilized as a home remedy to treat swine flu. Mullein is bitter in taste. Therefore, it is best to be consumed with tea once a day.
Add the above-mentioned home remedies to your daily diet and protect yourself against fatal infection and diseases like Swine Flu.