It’s well known for the delightful taste, jackfruit is also packed with a lot of nutritional value which are important for our health.
There are many reasons that you should eat this fruit more often:
- A cup of jackfruit provides 155 calories with only 4 calories from fat;
- It’s a good source of several essential minerals and vitamins, including niacin, folate, thiamine, potassium, iron, magnesium, manganese, calcium, zinc, copper, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin K;
- It provides healthy simple sugars for your health;
- It has a good amount of fiber, eat a cup of this super fruit to get more than 11% of the daily fiber allowance;
- This fruit is also widely used as a remedy for eliminating the effects of alcohol.
The healing benefits of jackfruit don’t just stop here, keep reading to find out more reasons you should eat more jackfruit.
1. A strong immune system
Jackfruit is rich in vitamin C as well as antioxidants, which play an important role in strengthening your immune system to protect you against many diseases, such as cold, flu and cough.
2. A healthy blood pressure level
Jackfruit has a good amount of potassium which helps to maintain the fluid level to balance electrolyte, thus reducing high blood pressure.
3. Aids digestion and prevents constipation
A high amount of fiber in jackfruit cures digestive disorders, prevents constipation and also helps in smooth bowel movements. What’s more, this fruit also has anti-ulcer properties which help treat ulcers and some digestive problems.
4. A healthy vision
Jackfruit promotes healthy vision due to the vitamin A in it, which is well known to help prevent vision-related issues – night blindness and macular degeneration.
Both the fruit and the seeds of jackfruit contain a good amount of vitamin A, so it’s also good for your skin and hair. Jackfruit seeds are normally used as a natural remedy to improve skin condition, the solution of dip jackfruit seeds in cold milk helps reduce wrinkles effectively. Grind the mixture well and use it on your face, keep applying for 6 weeks, you’ll notice the changes.
6. Prevents cancer
Jackfruit is considered as one of the most powerful foods to prevent cancer, it helps cancer prevention in several ways.
Loaded with antioxidants, jackfruit protects you from free radicals, thus preventing the production of cancer cell.
The compounds in jackfruit such as isoflavones, phytonutrients, lignans and saponins are with powerful anti-cancer benefits:
- Phytonutrients prevent the initial stage of cancer cell formation;
- Saponins has been shown with colon cancer preventative properties;
- Studies found that lignans and isoflavones help in decreasing the risk of endometrial cancer.
7. A healthy bone
Calcium strengthens healthy bones and a good amount of potassium in jackfruit can decrease the loss of calcium through kidney and increase the bone density.
8. A healthy blood sugar level
Manganese deficiency is a common reason for high blood sugar level, jackfruit is a good source of manganese to help regulate blood sugar levels in your body.
9. Prevents anemia
Jackfruit contains a good amount of iron, which is an vital mineral to prevent anemia and help in proper blood circulation in the body.
More Posts By Author: