White patches are non-contagious skin problems in which the patient loses pigmentation in some areas of the skin. This skin disorder is not harmful but it can affect anybody emotionally. A lot of people suffering from the problem of white patches also suffer from mental depression because they find it difficult to keep or get a job.
Why it occurs?
White patches occur because some portions of the skin lose pigmentation due to death of skin cells or loss of ability to function properly. It can also be caused from excessive stress, immunity problems, or due to virus.
What are the Major Causes?
- Changes in immunity system
- Triggered from genetics and environmental factors
- Ill functioning of melanin
- Variations in human immune system
- Rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases
- Psoriasis or anemia
- Diabetes or Addison’s disease
Signs and symptoms of white patches
- White patches occur on the out skin of body parts like hand, neck, chest, etc.
- The white patches start covering small area and but could expand and change in shape.
- They are most prominent in wrists and face. However, they can also occur in eyes, mouth, genitals, and nose.
- The symptoms vary from one case to another but most commonly it has been found that in 80 percent cases the patient suffers from mental depression.
Herbs for Treating White Patches in Ayurveda
- Pippali – This herb is very helpful in treating skin diseases, diabetes, indigestion, tuberculosis, white patches, any lungs disorder, cough and cold. They can reduce obesity when they are taken with honey. Other benefits include curing of heart disorders, asthma, white patches, anemia, and arthritis. The herb increases Pitta and decreases imbalances in Vata.
- Dantimool – It is one of the best ayurvedic herbs for the human digestive system. The herb helps to cure any type of anal problems and beneficial for hemorrhoids. Danti herb cleans all superfluous fluids from the body and nurture glowing skin. They are very important medicine for people suffering from kidney stones and white patches.
- Amalaki – Amalaki is very god for external skin and cleans the digestive system. They help to purify blood circulation and regulate sugar content in the body. Its antioxidant properties healthy hair and toned skin. The herb corrects the Vata flow and helps to keep healthy body. It also protects arteries and heart.
- Guduchi – The herb is very useful in treating Kapha, Vata and Pitta disorders. It helps to increase appetite, reduce high fever, reduce nasal sensitivity, clean the digestive system, treat abdominal pain, treats skin disorder like eczema, white patches, promote healthy glowing skin, and also help to fight anxiety. The herb is very important patients suffering from diabetes.
- Maricha – They are used to treat respiration problems, ease pain and inflammation, revitalize eyesight, treat Kapha, Vata and Pitta disorders, boost metabolism, increase appetite, drive out unnecessary toxins from the body, and helps to cure white patches. It is a natural medicine for asthma patients and enhances libido. They are also helpful in curing constipation problems, diarrhea, joint pain and insomnia.
- Shunti – They are very good for the digestive system, treating heart diseases, increase immunity from cold, lower cholesterol, medicine for arthritis, diabetes, diarrhea, asthma, bronchitis and white patches. If they are taken along with tulsi, especially on empty stomach, then it helps to cure cough and cold. Its medicinal properties relieve nausea during pregnancy.
White Patches Treatment in Ayurveda
The “Psoriasis Care Pack” of Planet Ayurveda is very beneficial for treating white patches and psoriasis.
Psoriasis Care Pack
The Psoriasis Care Pack includes a number of herbs which are combines mutually in synergy to battle the condition of white patches and Psoriasis. These supplements clear the scalps and offer respite itching. It promotes a superb and healthy skin. This care pack made by the skin specialist and other health experts of Planet Ayurveda consist of the following herbal medicines:
- Navkarshik churna – Take daily 1 teaspoon of churna along with plain water or 1 tbsp of churna in 400 ml water, boiled till the solution reaches 50 ml and consume
- Kaishore Guggul – Take daily 2 tablets, thrice with plain water after meals
- Neem Capsules – Take 2 capsules every day, three times with water after mealtime
- Psorolin Ointment – It ought to be used at night for best results
- 777 Oil – This should be applied after bath
- Psorolin Soap – Use this soap during bath