Natural News Blog.5- “Wellnessman” Endorses Vitamins ans Supplements
When it comes to your health. “Wellnessman” prefers to go right to the source of the problem. That is why prescriptions are not the first thing he looks to recommend. Proper nutrition via real food is first, followed by vitamins and supplements and lastly prescription medications. Remember that prescriptions are nothing but fancy “Band-Aids” that do not get to the “root of the problem”. They are synthetic and your body actually treats them as foreign invaders, which increases inflammation. Increased inflammation is the cause of all pain and disease. There are many vitamins and supplements that reduce inflammation and also act as antioxidants. It would be wise to add them to your health and wellness regimen.
Here is some basic advice on picking the right vitamins and supplements:
- Look for the “GMP” stamp- This stands for “good manufacturing practices”. This is not something that is mandatory, but it shows that the company has put itself through stricter quality control standards.
- Buy reputable brands- Look for products that come from “food sources” WITHOUT synthetic fillers.
- Stay away from the grocery store and drugstore when making purchases-
Remember, you get what you pay for and NOT ALL COMPANIES HAVE THE SAME STANDARDS AND QUALITY CONTROL!
- Make your purchases at local health food stores, reputable online sites, or reputable online stores.
5. Wellnessman’s “BIG CINCO” (Spanish for “five) vitamins and supplements are:
- A) a good MULTIVITAMIN made from food sources
- B) VITAMIN D3- shoot for 5000 iu/day
- C) a strong PROBIOTIC- including multiple strains of “bifido” and “lacto” bacteria and at least 10-20 billion cfu
- D) a “PARENT ESSENTIAL OIL” (such as flaxseed or hempseed oil)- your body will “pull off the plant-based “fish oil” that it needs from the “parent” without the “rancidity effect” of pure fish oil
- E) COQ10 (“Ubiquinol” version)-supplies energy to your cells and is an antioxidant precursor
In addition to the “Big Cinco”, you can also deal with particular medical issues with specific vitamins and supplements as well. For instance, for musculo-skeletal pain, “Wellnessman” will recommend odorless garlic, celery extract and/or curcumin twice daily to help treat the problem in a safer manner than conventional medications (and with fewer side effects!). Sometimes he will add “Boswellia extract” to the cocktail.
Due to the lack of regulation by the “FDA” (Food and Drug Administration), the vitamin and supplement world can be a bit confusing. There was a recent investigation in the news about supplements sold in New York at some of the largest retailers in the country. They were accused of selling products not containing the ingredients that were listed on the label. This is why it is very important to buy products from REPUTABLE COMPANIES. That way you will be getting what it says on the label and your body will absorb them rather than excrete them out. For instance, if you take the CoQ10 supplement and it says “Ubiquinone” and not “Ubiquinol” then you will waste the majority of it as your body then has to convert it to the bioavailable form (“Ubiquinol”) which can then be absorbed by your cells to fuel your mitochondria (the “engine” of the cell).
“Wellnessman” wants you to be very particular when it comes to your source of vitamins and supplements. Taking the right vitamins and supplements will allow you to join “Wellnessman” on board the “Wellness Wagon”. Walk Strong…with orthotics.
1-“U.S. Food and Drug Administration.” Facts About the Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs) . U.S. Food and Drug Administration, 6 Jan. 2015. Web. 15 Feb. 2015.
2-“The Top 10 Anti Inflammation Supplements (Only Natural).” Natural Alternative Therapies . N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Feb. 2015.
3-Huff, Ethan A. “Eight Nutritional Supplements You Should Be Taking.” NaturalNews . N.p., 27 Mar. 2013. Web. 21 Feb. 2015.