1. Ulcerative Colitis is a metabolic disorder, which is a type of the inflammatory bowel disorder. Ulceration in the inner lining of the large intestine is the characteristic feature of this metabolic ailment.
2. The severity of this metabolic disorder varies from individuals to individuals depending on the situation. It may vary from simply nominal to dysplasia.
3. The major causes of this inflammatory bowel disorder are consumption of spicy and unhygienic food items, stress, insomnia, consuming alcohol, smoking and many others. Heredity also plays a huge role in Ulcerative Colitis. Also, improper lifestyle is yet another cause of this metabolic inflammatory disorder.
4. The important signs and symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis are pain, inflammation, bleeding, dysentery and diarrhea. Blood and mucous with the stool, tenderness, muscle cramps, feeling of fullness, loss of appetite, difficulty in passing stool are some of the other symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis.
5. It imparts certain negative feelings in the patients like depression, anger, anxiety.
6. To get rid of the swelling and the painful situation, the patients need to follow a recommended diet strictly. He must consume the food items as per the recommendation given below.
7. He must consume the following on a regular basis:
• He must have a lot of water. This will aid in flushing out the harmful toxic materials from the body of the individuals. This also aids in easing out the difficulty in passing the stool and making the bowel movement easy.
• Banana, fresh yogurt, bottle guard, pumpkin, round gourd, ridge gourd, herbal tea made of cumin, fennel, coriander, moong dal khichdi must be consumed.
• Drinking 50 ml of pomegranate juice two times on a daily basis helps to relieve bleeding and pain considerably.
• Also, the patient must consume essential minerals, vitamins, complex carbohydrates, fats in optimum quantity.
• Drinking the juice of rose petals, marigold flower and green grams is also recommended to get rid of Ulcerative Colitis to a significant extent.
8. The patient must avoid the consumption of the following regularly:
• Avoid the consumption of junk, spicy and unhygienic food items,
• Refrain from milk and related products, nuts, meat, ginger, garlic, fruits with seeds and highly fibrous diet.
• Avoid the consumption of alcohol and quit smoking to get relief from the condition of Ulcerative Colitis.
9. There are certain home remedies of Ulcerative Colitis. These include intake of honey, consumption of apples, fennel seeds, egg white and turmeric.
10. Planet Ayurveda provides solution to a large number of physiological complications. Natural and purely vegetarian. The Ayurvedic treatment for Ulcerative Colitis provides the Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack. This care package has the following 4 products.
a. Terminalia Arjuna
b. Kutaz Ghan Vati
c. Vatsakadi Churna
d. Pitta balance
Terminalia Arjuna – These are manufactured from the extracts of the bark of the Arjuna tree. This herb has the potential to protect the inner layers of the body organs, thereby, preventing from the damage and injuries. It also enhances the physical stamina of the individuals and relieves ulcers, swelling and pain.
Dose: 2 capsules 2 times on a daily basis.
Kutaz Ghan Vati – The herb, Kutaz provides excellent relief from Ulcerative Colitis. It relieves diarrhea, dysentery, fermentation and ulceration. It also helps to treat the various metabolic disorders effectively.
Dose: 2 tablets 2 times on a daily basis.
Vatsakadi Churna – This herbal medicine is made up of jaiphal, bael choti elaichi, dhania, anaar and fennel. All these herbs work in a co-ordinated manner to form this Churna. It also helps in restoring the perfect balance of the individuals and aids in carrying out the various metabolic processes of the body of the individuals.
Dose: 1 tsp twice daily with plain water.
Pitta Balance – This herbal formulation is rich in pearls and other calcium ingredients. These calcium products are crushed and grinded to form powder and consumed as herbal medicine. This herbal medicine helps to relieve the various symptoms of this inflammatory bowel disorder to a huge extent.
Dose: 1 capsule twice daily with plain water.
The Ayurvedic treatment of Ulcerative Colitis along with the home remedies and the recommended diet provides relief to the patients suffering from this painful inflammatory disorder.