Eczema, indeed, is not an ailment or disease, but an inflammation of people skin caused by various medical conditions. The most common type of eczema that has affected thousand of people is atopic dermatitis.
Symptoms of Eczema
As soon as eczema affects you, itchiness will soon appear as the first symptom. Gradually, rash will emerge in some parts of the body, including face, hands, back and feet, which become darker due to the impact of eczema.
Causes of Eczema
The causes of eczema are still unclear. However, it is found out that sufferers of asthma and allergies are exposed to the risk of eczema more often than others. Additionally, hash environment as well as stress and depression also contributes to the chance getting eczema. Animal is another potential cause of the condition.
Nowadays, there are various types of medicine that can help you quickly treat eczema. However, with those with sensitive skin, it is not safe to use medical products to directly apply onto the skin, so the treatments of eczema become difficult than ever. Fortunately, with the help of natural ingredients, they can quickly recover from the condition without worrying about adverse effects. These home remedies for eczema can also be applied for those with mild condition.
Let’s take a look at top 15 home remedies for eczema.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is among the simplest home remedies for eczema but it brings to us an incredible effect. Not only reducing the inflammation, Aloe Vera also keep the skin hydrated by moisturizing it.
- Get the gel from an Aloe Vera leaf then apply it onto your affected area.
- After 15 minutes, wash off with area with lukewarm water.
2. Epsom Salt
Due to the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, Epsom salt can make an easy and instant home remedy for eczema. Besides, the ingredient also possesses a huge quantity of magnesium sulfate that is used to reduce the symptoms of eczema such as pain and itchiness.
- Add 1-2 cups of Epsom salt into your bathtub.
- Soak your body in there for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, dry your body with a clean and soft towel without rinsing off.
- You can also add a few drops of essential oil such as lavender oil, coconut oil, etc. to relax and enhance the effect of treatment.
The organic compounds and precious nutrients make oatmeal an ideal treatment of eczema. Specifically, the antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties in oatmeal actively work to eliminate the inflammation while moisturizing the skin, helping it recover quickly.
- Grind some tablespoons of oatmeal into powder.
- Add it into your bathtub of warm water.
- Soak your body in there for at least 10 minutes.
- Dry yourself with a clean towel.
Turmeric has been long used as a good friend of women in treating skin problems. In this case, it becomes a trusted ingredient used in home remedies for eczema. Basically, the ingredient makes use of its antioxidants to fight back to inflammation and the curcumin to relieve the pain and other annoying symptoms.
- Mix one and half spoon of turmeric with a little milk to get a paste.
- Apply it to the affected skin and wait for 15 minutes.
- Finally, wash off with water.
- Do this twice daily to get the best result
5. Coconut Oil
Another ingredient you can make use of to make treatments of eczema is coconut oil. By providing an ample source of vitamins and minerals, coconut oil becomes a great solution to improve the skin and solve various related problems, including eczema.
- Directly apply the oil onto the inflamed skin and leave it for at least 15 minutes. Wash off again with clean water.
- At the same time, do not forget to consume 2-4 tablespoons of coconut oil on daily basis to enhance your immune system.
Learn another benefit of coconut oil at Home Remedies For Jock Itch.
There is nothing easier and more pleasant than a cup of chamomile tea, which contains relaxing effects and ability to deal with eczema. The tea is found with a huge amount of flavonoid used to fight back inflammation on the skin, reducing annoying symptoms of eczema such as pain, rash and patchiness.
- Add some dried chamomile flowers into a cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for a few minutes before straining.
- Use it to apply topically on to the skin in 10 minutes then wash off.
- You should also consume the tee to enhance the immunity and reduce inflammation from inside.
Cucumber is a healthy vegetable with soothing and cooling effects. This makes it a good home remedy for eczema that can ease the itching sensation, redness and the inflammation on the skin. With a huge source of water, cucumber makes sure your skin will be always hydrated.
- Cut a cucumber into thin slices then put them in water for a few hours.
- Put them over the affected area.
- After 15 minutes, rinse off the skin with lukewarm water.
8. Olive Oil
Olive oil is highly effective in improving your skin health as it can moisturize the skin and keep it safe from inflammation. This is the reason why olive oil can work alone to make a perfect treatment of eczema.
Into the bargain, olive oil provides a relatively high amount of omega-3 fatty acids that can benefit your body in many ways.
Nutmeg powder is among the best treatments of eczema.
- Mix nutmeg powder and olive oil with the same amount.
- After that you get a fine paste. Use it to apply onto the affected skin and rub it gently.
- After 15 minutes, wash off the area.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar
Undeniably, apple cider vinegar is a powerful ingredient used to make an effective home remedy for eczema thanks to its strong anti-inflammatory property.
- Dilute 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a little water.
- Soak a cotton ball into the mixture and apply it to the affected area.
- Do not use the mixture on the bleeding area.
Flaxseeds are so well known for its rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, essential substances in our body. Besides, the seeds are able to inhibit the production of arachidonic acid that is a potential factor causing inflammation on the skin. Accordingly, when it comes to treatments of eczema, do not forget to include flaxseeds in your list of ingredients.
To make use of the seeds, add more of them into your daily diet.
It will be uncompleted if you leave honey out of the list of home remedies for eczema since it can be seen as one of the most effective solution to get rid of the condition. Even people with sensitive skin can apply the treatment with honey.
- Make sure your affected skin is clean. Apply some honey over it then cover with a bandage.
- Wait in 20 minutes, remove the bandage and wash off the area with clean water.
Sandalwood is used to not only accelerate the treatments of eczema but also prevent the formation of scar after it.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sandalwood in a little water.
- Apply the paste that you get over the skin and wait for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
14. Fish Oil
Fish oil possesses a significant amount of omega-3 fatty acids that are extremely beneficial for your health. By taking fish oil regularly, you can reinforce your immune system and fight back inflammation inside the body.
Whenever you get problems with eczema, consume 2-3 tablespoons of fish oil daily or add it into a cup of orange juice.
Cornstarch is another ingredient that can bring you so many great effects to deal with eczema.
- To make it a home remedy for eczema, mix it with a little cool water to make a paste.
- Place it over the inflamed skin.
- Wait in 20 minutes and rinse off with water.