Losing weight does not always have to be an arduous task. Be on a fasting food for days together; be on a soup diet or a cleansing diet. Yes, there are some of the strangest diets doing the rounds all packaged with a promise that you are going to lose a few kilos within a very short time. The promises continue but do the results move up to the over-hyped promises? No! With a capital N! So how do we break out of the fad diet mold and find a more organic approach to weight loss? These weight-loss tips can really fix your weight gain problems.
Top Ten Weight Loss Tips
Sometimes simple works best, especially if we make several lifestyle changes our weight loss problems will be solved and you won’t have to begin your day thinking of weight loss and end it by thinking whether that skirt you wore in college will fit you now. Not fads but invest in some clear thinking that works. Jumping into the next fad diet bandwagon might sound enticing at first but by the end of the day, you don’t lose the kilos, but surely lose your peace of mind. Follow these tips and forget the fact that you are dieting and weight loss will happen eventually, something that will stay.
1. Snack mindfully- Are you someone who stays put before the television and gorges on unhealthy stuff all the time? It does sound fun when you watch your favorite sitcom and have your snack all ready to be eaten. Why shouldn’t you do that? Simply because you will overeat, without meaning to do so. Select something that is healthy. Something that is protein rich and full of fiber. We can think of baked sweet potato fritters and roasted lotus seeds, fried with clarified butter dusted with pepper and rock salt. Yum!
2. Eat your Breakfast- Yes, you still need to eat breakfast, and it still matters what you eat for breakfast. Instead of loading yourself on carbs, the first thing in the morning. Try to include more protein and good fats the first thing in the morning. It keeps you full for the longest period of time. Trust us, we tried and it worked! Try three eggs with veggies cooked in coconut oil, clarified butter or grass-fed butter. Top it with seeds and you won’t hear your stomach speak till lunch time.
3. Sleep more- We almost hear most of you saying yippee to that. Who does not like to sleep more? Most of us are sleep-starved! For reasons best known to us.” We have to sleep early tonight ,” we make to ourselves every single night and then burn the midnight oil by staying hooked to our gadgets. The point is, sleeping reduces our stress levels and stress is the biggest hurdle in our weight loss journey. When you sleep right, the world instantly seems a brighter and better place to live in, also you will be motivated to go for that long run, you had always wanted to but the snooze button never let you!
Read More : Lose Weight When You Sleep
4. Exercise differently- It is very important to exercise and more important to keep changing your routine. If you are still thinking how to reduce weight? Then, the simplest answer will be, you have to exercise! Yes, all those huffing and puffing on the treadmill is useful after all. But keep things different, so your body does not get used to it. Like, mix it up with Yoga, Pilates, Tabata, interval training Swimming, Zumba. Our bet is on Interval training or HIIT as it is more commonly called. Go all out for those twenty minutes with body-weight exercises, you will be left panting and exhausted but it is so worth it. The best part, you can do it even when you are traveling, in your hotel room. Just don’t forget to pack in your sneakers so that you don’t have to say “ouch” every time you do squat jumps. Our favorite- push-ups! It does work on your body like a dream.
5. Sip on green tea- It works most of the time, this hot beverage should be a must include in your diet chart for weight loss. It has been proved by various researchers that green tea could be an effective tool for fat loss. We have our own concoction which works like a dream. In a cup of freshly brewed green tea, add a teaspoon of ginger, turmeric, apple cider vinegar, a generous pinch of pepper, cinnamon and spike it up with a teaspoon of raw organic honey. Ah! It is a refreshing wonder, one that has a host of benefits besides weight loss of course!
6. Eat your fats- Fats, an eternal villain in the diet story has finally got its pride of place in the fitness horizon. That’s right! Eat good fats; load up on nuts, seeds, clarified butter, and our favorite coconut oil. In fact, coconut oil is so good that it deserves an article of its own. So bring out those good fats to boost your metabolism. We are also crushing on almond butter! It is creamy, delicious and just the thing you need when you are low on energy and have an insatiable craving for something sinfully rich like an ice-cream or something. Try it, you sure won’t be disappointed!
7. Cup of Joe- This works for us! And it will surely work for you. Start your day with coffee, it helps metabolizes fat faster. Add two tablespoons of coconut oil to your coffee and add half a teaspoon of cinnamon, blend it well and sip on, you won’t miss an artificial coffee creamer. It initiates weight-loss with the help of ketosis. It is a metabolic state which is set off by the lack of carbs and boosts your fat loss into an overdrive. So this should be included into your weight-loss diet.
8. Visualization- Close your eyes! Go ahead close them, and imagine you have already reached your weight loss goal. This will help you work hard and reach your goals. Try it! It works big time.
9. Chew slowly- It takes time for your brain to reach the signal that you are full, so instead of eating like no tomorrow, focus on eating slowly, relishing every morsel. When you eat mindfully you will realize that you will feel fuller by eating half of the amount you earlier used to eat.
10. Stop drinking your calories- Avoid drinking your calories , in the form of soda, packaged fruit juices, carbonated drinks and so on. You won’t realize that you have consumed so much of calories, you won’t feel satiated and yet your calorie meter will keep ticking and go on an overdrive.
Try these weight-loss tips and you will surely lose weight, and also keep it off for days together. What are you waiting for? You need to start right now and you will definitely be able to lead a better quality of life, weight-loss will follow slowly but surely.