Honestly, I realize it might be a bold statement to claim that by taking ten herbs your life can be utterly changed, but what if it was a fact? Could there possibly be ten life altering herbs that you could take to change your life forever?
Sadly, most people will decide not to read this article. And if they do read the list below, they won’t implement these herbs into their health regimen. And honestly, I can’t figure out why! Why wouldn’t you want to try even a few of these herbs?
Certainly, if you could just take these ten herbs and change your life forever, wouldn’t it be worth it? Shouldn’t you give them a chance??
So let’s get to the specifics. Exactly what ten life altering herbs have the ability to alter your existence? Let’s take a look.
Life changing herbs
- St John’s Wort–This list is started with a herb all of us could use more of. It’s sedative properties help you cope with stress. And isn’t the world just one huge ball of stress spinning in this expanse of space?
- Valerian Root–Valerian Root is one of the best herbs to counteract the nervous effects of caffeine. Take a couple of capsules of valerian before you go to bed, and you’ll sleep like a baby. ( That is, if a baby was allowed to drink coffee and then swallowed a few valerian root capsules.)
- Uva Ursi–Kidney stones, urinary tract infections, and bladder problems are all becoming an epidemic in industrialized nations. For this reason, I recommend Uva Ursi, as it is a magnificent cleanser of the urinary system.
- Turmeric–I bet you’ve never heard of this herb until a couple of years ago. Thanks to this meteoric rise in popularity, we now know how effective Turmeric is in battling inflammation. Because of this, Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties benefit sufferers of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, arthritis, and hepatitis.
- Siberian Ginseng–Diabetes and High Blood Pressure are a growing issue in America. But Siberian Ginseng is here to help! Taken daily, you can easily normalize your blood sugar and blood pressure in just one easy herb.
- Saw Palmetto–If you’re a guy who spends a lot of time trying to empty his bladder, then this is the herb for you. As males age, their prostate naturally enlarges. And Saw Palmetto effectively shrinks it. Before you can say, “Hold my beer”, your male writing utensil will be able to compose again. You will not only be able to transcribe your full name in the snow, but you will create the first draft of your speech before the UN hailing the benefits of Saw Palmetto. (You can thank me later.)
- Mullein–Mullein is proven to be highly effective as an upper respiratory healer. It helps coughs, colds, croup, bronchitis, and asthma. And for those unfortunate kids crying all night with earaches, Mullein and garlic in oil are amazing healers.
- Skullcap–At the risk of sounding repetitive, this herb has been proven time and again to be a powerful nervine. During times of high stress, whether it’s caused by the Holidays, your teenagers missing curfew, or your dog’s new favorite chew toy was once one of your most cherished shoes, Skullcap is the herb for you. So take a chill pill–or a Skullcap capsule–and relax.
- Elderberry–One of the highest sources of Vitamin C found in Creation, Elderberry is amazing. Taken as a cold and flu remedy every one to two hours, you can shorten the duration of your sickness with just this one herb. Scientific evidence has also proven how Vitamin C in high doses has “cured” schizophrenia, bi-polar disorders, and Alzheimer’s. Unfortunately, if Vitamin C isn’t ingested in its natural state, but is taken as a pill created by a laboratory, the body won’t uptake the nutrients.
- Gymnema–ABSOLUTELY one of my most favorite herbs, Gymnema is the “Bee’s Knees” for blood sugar. Since most Westerners are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes, we need a solution. Without pause, I recommend Gymnema to my clients diagnosed with high blood sugar issues. Not only does it help to lower blood sugars, but it also helps to maintain stable insulin levels. No more blood sugar spikes and valleys for you!
Want more tips like these? Check out my facebook page, and don’t forget to like it! Want a private consultation with a highly qualified, holistic health practitioner? Mosey on over to my website and schedule your consultation today! And let’s get you on the path of healing!
- Hoffmann, David, FNIMH, AHG, Herbs for Healthy Aging: Natural Prescriptions for Vibrant Health, Toronto, Healing Arts Press, 2014. Printed
- Fritchey, Philip, MH, ND, CNHP, Practical Herbalism: Ordinary Plants with Extraordinary Powers, Warsaw, Whitman Publications, 2004. Printed