Avocado seeds are packed full of nutrients that can provide several health benefits to the body. In fact, the seeds contain more antioxidants than the avocado fruity fleshes and most fruits, vegetables and healing teas do. The seeds, even have the ability to provide the body with more soluble fiber than any other food available to you at a whole food market, but the benefits (1) do not stop there.
Top benefits of eating avocado seeds
- Avocado seeds contain nourishing oil that is rich in antioxidants.In fact, 70% of the antioxidants are found in the seed alone and the other 30% are actually in the flesh and skin. These potent antioxidants have the ability to lower high cholesterol levels (2) and prevent several kinds of heart conditions such as heart disease and strokes.
- The super fruit’s seeds are also a great alternative for reducing inflammatory disease within the body, but works particularly well with easing swelling in the gastrointestinal tract.
- You can even use it to help ease diarrhea away and to prevent and relieve constipation naturally.
- Some find it soothing to gastric ulcer because the seed contains antioxidants in it known as phenolic compounds. These compounds contain antibacterial and anti-viral properties, which makes the seeds effective at preventing ulcers within the lining of the digestive system.
- The seeds contain flavonol, which is an antioxidant that helps prevent and reduce tumor growths. If you suspect, you have a tumor growth, it is best to seek a doctor for proper medical treatment, but it is also important to add more flavonol rich food to your diet such as the seeds of the avocados.
- When you need to strengthen your immune system and protect yourself from the cold and flu season avocado seeds can help.
- The seeds have the ability to fight away free radical cells too, that causes illness and aging. In fact, if you want to slow down the aging process and reduce the appearance of age spots and wrinkles avocados have the ability to rebuild collagen underneath the skin so it stays firm and youthful.
- These seeds of youthfulness can help you feel younger too, since they can help reduce bone diseases, joint discomforts and body aches and pains naturally, which helps keep you energetic and living life.
- The healing seeds are also useful for lowering blood glucose levels and for helping a person maintain a healthy weight. Some find them useful for encouraging weight loss and for reducing exercise-induced asthma. The seeds even help curve food cravings and make you feel fuller so you are not munching on snack constantly.
How you can get the avocado seeds
All you have to do to get these seeds into your diet is slice open an avocado carefully, remove the seed, place it into a plastic bag and crush it with a meat mallet or hammer. After, place the crushed seed into a blender and grind it into a fine powder. Then, sprinkle the seed mixture onto meals and eat up to receive the health benefits from this amazing super food.
How do you eat avocado seeds
“Avocado Seed Smoothie(3):
- 1/2 avocado (including flesh and 1/2 of the seed, cut in pieces)
- 1 banana
- 3/4-1 cup organic frozen berry blend
- 1 scoop fiber powder
- 2-3 scoops protein powder (right now I’m using SP complete dairy-free, which is unflavored and unsweetened)
- Water to bring to the right texture.”