Do you know that there are many things in your kitchen can act as medicinal cure. Lots of common ingredients can be used to treat everyday ailments as traditional home remedies.
- One of the most popular home remedies is the use of hot chicken soup to treat cold, this natural cure has been used since long time all over the world, and it may actually be effective, according to recent studies.
- And also proven by studies that 6 cherries have the same effect as 1 aspirin. Also packed with antioxidants, cherries treat many health problems effectively.
- Did you know that Himalayan salt and willow bark tea are both successful natural remedies for headaches.
- Simply have a cup of green tea help kill garlic or onion odor.
- When you’re suffering from a hiccups, swallow a teaspoon of dry sugar will stop it immediately.
Since long time, doctors and health experts have begun to recognize the treatment value of the natural remedies and herbal remedies. If used correctly, they can be a safer, healthier and cheaper alternative to medicines.
Here are some quick remedies you can use for a sore throat:
Drink warm liquid
This is one of the best remedies for a sore throat, while one of the most simple. When your throat is sore, drink warm liquid such as warm water with honey and lemon, warm herbal teas and chicken broth are all helpful.
Warm salt water solution
Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a cup of warm water and gargle with it, don’t swallow. Repeat 3-4 times a day to ease the symptoms of a sore throat.
Honeysuckle flower tea is widely used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for treating sore throat. Add a cup of the flower to boiled water, steep for some minutes and then strain. Drink at least 4 cups of this tea will help ease sore throat pain.
Apple cider vinegar
There are several methods to use apple cider vinegar to relieve the pain of sore throat. You can gargle with the solution made with 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in 8 ounces warm water. 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper in 2 ounces warm water also works well, gargle with it 3-4 times per day. Apple cider vinegar with honey works well for both sore throat and cough, mix 1 tablespoon of each and stir the mixture into a cup of warm water to drink.
Eat garlic for throat problems as it has antiviral and antibacterial properties, it will speed up the recover from sore throat.
Mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice with 1 tablespoon raw honey, stir it well and swallow a few of the mixture 2-3 times per day.
Peppermint oil can be added to a diffuser or be rubbed on the chest to soothe a sore throat and ease a cough. You can also drink peppermint tea, it’s one of the most effective herbal teas for sore throat.
Chew a piece of licorice root is believed to relieve the sore throat pain, as it helps reduce inflammation and loosen congestion.