Coming home to the delicious aromas of food cooking in my crock pot is a treat. The added bonus is the simplicity and time saved by using my slow cooker. Plus, slow cooking is an excellent way to preserve the nutrients of foods. When food is cooked on high heat, toxins are created and food becomes less healthy. This recipe is so simple, it almost does not seem like a recipe. There are only 5 ingredients.
- One grass fed/pastured chicken, cut into pieces
- sea salt
- black pepper
- filtered water
- Add rinsed chicken pieces to crock pot
- Sprinkle chicken with sea salt and black pepper
- Add water to half the height of the chicken
- Top chicken with basil
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours and enjoy a delicious, healthy main course!
- Hint (you may save the chicken broth, pouring through a stainless steel soup strainer, and freezing for later use for soups or other recipes)
Check Holistic Health to Go for other nutrient dense recipes and information on nutrition and natural healing. See Why Grass-fed Meat is Better for Your Health and the Environment to learn about pastured meat’s health benefits.