It’s said that this recipe for roasted cauliflower with turmeric has anti-cancer ability, and due to its strong anti-inflammatory properties, it also has ability to combat many other diseases. This recipe will become a great promoter for health for sure, before try this tasty and healthy recipe, a few things you should keep in your mind:
- Eating dishes based on cauliflower is an effective way to boost the intake of minerals, antioxidants and vitamins, especially vitamin C. One regular serving of cauliflower provides almost 3/4 of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C.
- The combination of roasted cauliflower with turmeric will strengthen the benefits of eating cauliflower
Recipe for Roasted Cauliflower with Turmeric
- One head of organic cauliflower
- One tablespoon of organic cauliflower
- A pinch of black cumin
- One tablespoon of turmeric
- Salt to taste
Chop the cauliflower head into small florets.
Heat the oven to about 400 degrees F and put the chopped cauliflower inside.
Add the turmeric, black cumin, salt and olive oil, mix all of them well.
Cover the dish using foil and keep roasting the food for 40 minutes. Then remove the foil and keep cooking for addition 15 minutes.
The benefits of this roasted cauliflower with turmeric
Studies have shown that the combination of cauliflower and curcumin has ability to prevent as well as treat several types of cancer.
- Curcumin in turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-cancer effects, which is capable of modifying genetic expression and activity by eliminating cancer cells.
- Cauliflower contains glucosinolates which cleanse the body of damaging free radicals and also kill some cancer cells. It’s highly suggested to eat cauliflower regularly to lower the risk of cancer.
This snack promotes brain function
As cauliflower is a good source of choline, which supports proper brain development. And curcumin is a great brain-boosting chemical in turmeric, which has been confirmed to slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
This dish is full with nutrients and easy to prepare
One serving of this recipe provides you 80% of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C, 45% of vitamin K and 30% of folate. And it’s very simple to prepare inside 5 minutes.
Additionally, cauliflower is also loaded with protein, fiber, potassium, magnesium, manganese, niacin and vitamin B6.
Related Reading: 2 Smart Turmeric Smoothie Recipes to Optimize Turmeric Absorption