As you know one of the best things we can do for ourselves in terms of general health and weight loss is to drink a lot of water! Sometimes when we are hungry we are actually just really thirsty, so try drinking a big glass of clean water before eating. So here are some things you can add to water:
Another simple way to aid your body in shedding excess pounds is Lemon Water:
1 lemon squeezed into a cup of water OR in a juicer: juice the lemon including rind and then add it to water.
You can also add 1 or 2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar to water which has been known to stimulate weight loss.
Mix 1-2 teaspoons of Bentonite Clay with water and drink. More info on Bentonite here.
Here are 3 Recipes you can prepare at home to help your body return to its ideal weight:
1. Peel the oranges and grapefruit. (Juice them in a juice machine or hand juicer!)
2. Juice the oranges, grapefruit and lemon (including the rind!)
+ ADD a dash of cayenne pepper for more of a cleanse kick!
For ONE juice
1 small beet
3 celery stalks
1 small piece of ginger
1 red apple
1 lemon with rind
Put all ingredients in a juicer!
+ ADD a clove of garlic
+ ADD a handful of kale
+ ADD a handful of spinach
For one smoothie
½ an avocado
handful of kale
handful of spinach
1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
½ cup water or almond milk
handful of cilantro
+ADD 1 tablespoon of spirulina for extra protein and vitamins
In a blender add all ingredients and process until smoothie consistency! Add more liquid if needed!
Why these recipes are good for Weight Loss:
- Grapefruits contain fat burning enzymes that are instrumental in promoting weight loss.
- Water: For a person to effectively lose weight, they must reduce the intake of daily calories. One way to consume fewer calories is to drink a full glass of water before every meal and snack. Drinking water before a meal will cause a person’s stomach to feel full quicker, therefore causing them to eat less.*
- Lemon stimulates digestion, promoting weight loss.*
- Apple Cider Vinegar may accelerate weight loss because it helps to control blood sugar levels and suppress appetite.*
- A Green Smoothie is a combination of blended fruits and vegetables. It usually consists of vegetables such as kale, spinach, greens, and parsley. The fruits that are added most often are green apples, bananas, and strawberries. The green smoothie is beneficial for weight loss because fruits and vegetables are loaded with water, fiber and vitamins. These nutrients revitalize the body, remove toxins, and supply the body with energy needed to achieve a healthy weight.*
- Beets help rid the body of excess waste that has built up in the bowels.
* From NaturalNews.com
- The Earth Diet Book
Chat with me here: www.facebook.com/lianawernergray
Author of The Earth Diet Book
Blog designed by: Salvatore Fiteni
This is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet, Inc. ™ All Rights Reserved