As you know, we accumulate toxins from junk foods, including non-organic dairy (mucus), refined sugar (creates excess candida), corn syrup, heavy metals, GMO’S, non-organic meat, chemicals like pesticides and preservatives and excess gluten. If we eat junk foods we must detox the toxins out to maintain healthy well being. So here are some recipes to help cleanse out those toxins that just drag us down! Many people are incorporating one detoxing recipe into their life every day to maintain good health.
If you were able to design your Thanksgiving with healthy recipes (maybe you are making some of the Healthy Holiday recipes from my bog last week!) then chances are you probably won’t need an intense detox after the holidays! Obviously consistent health makes life easier! I am so grateful that I have found a way to eat my favorite flavors and foods while packing them with nutrition. Tonight I will be eating a Pecan Pie I made from scratch using a Vegan Butter recipe that is in my new Earth Diet book released October 2014! There are so many cleaner alternatives to make our favorite foods. We are living in good times! What do you think? My body says YES!
1 kale including stems
1 lemon including rind
2 handfuls of spinach
1 green apple
1 pear (or another apple)
4 celery stalks
PUT ALL OF THAT THROUGH A JUICER FOR ONE LARGE EPIC JUICE for CELLULAR NUTRITION, for weight loss, for clear skin, for ENERGY, for feeling good, for instant mood upgrade!
Photo by Roxxe Photography NYC
Total time: 5 minutes + 10 minutes soak time
1 cup almond milk
1 chai tea bag (decaf)
4 Tablespoons chia seeds
1 very ripe banana, sliced
2 Tablespoons coconut flakes
1. Rip the tea bag open and empty into a blender. Add almond milk and blend on high until thoroughly blended.
2. Pour chai almond milk into a bowl, add chia seeds and wisk together. Let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Once the chia seeds gel resembling tapicoa pudding, top with banana slices and coconut flakes.
- aids in weight-loss
- high in Omega 3 fatty-acids
- high in calcium
- high in magnesium
- high in fiber
- good source protein
- high in potassium
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
Another simple way to detox daily is LEMON WATER:
1 lemon squeezed into a cup of water OR in a juicer: juice the lemon including rind and then add it to water.
Why these recipes are good for DETOXING:
- Leafy greens: This “superfood” category shows up often on lists of health-promoting foods, and for good reason. Leafy greens like kale, spinach, alfalfa, wheatgrass, and chard are loaded with chlorophyll, a powerful cleansing nutrient that is sometimes referred to as “nature’s green magic.” The lifeblood of the green plant world, chlorophyll is a natural blood-builder and cleansing agent, and is known to help scrub clean cell structures throughout the body and promote new cell life. Chlorophyll also halts the growth and development of toxic bacteria inside the body, and is generally known to counteract toxins. (http://www.rethinkingcancer.org)*
- Citrus fruits: Starting your day off right with fresh-squeezed lemons, limes, oranges, or grapefruit — or all of the above — is another effective way to regularly detoxify your body. Besides priming the digestive tract for food and spurring the production of digestive enzymes, citrus fruits are also particularly rich in vitamin C, which is recognized as one of the most powerful detoxifying vitamins in the natural world.*
- Raw vegetables: Broccoli, onions, cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, artichokes, carrots, cauliflower, beets, turmeric, and oregano — these and many other vegetables and herbs work synergistically with one another to cleanse the body and prevent a buildup of toxins. Like garlic, each of these foods is rich in naturally-occurring sulfur compounds, which the liver needs to effectively eliminate toxins and promote cell growth, as well as detoxifying glutathione. (http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/LIVER%20DETOX.htm)*
- Chia seeds: Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, both chia and hemp seeds are excellent intestinal cleansers. According to Dr. Edward Group III from the Global Healing Center, omega-3 rich seeds and oils in general help lubricate the intestinal walls and draw out toxins in order to eliminate them from the body. Chia seeds are particularly effective in this regard, as they swell and form a gel-like coating when soaked, which elicits a powerful detoxification effect in the gut. (http://www.thedetoxadvisor.com)
*Source from NaturalNews.com
3 Other Earth Diet DETOX Recipes:
Immune Boosting Tea DETOX INGREDIENTS: Garlic, lemon, Cayenne pepper.
Sea Vegetable Salad DETOX INGREDIENTS: Sea vegetables and other raw veggies.
Liver Detox Juice DETOX INGREDIENTS: Beets, garlic, dandelion greens, all raw vegetables
Chat with me here: www.facebook.com/lianawernergray
Author of The Earth Diet Book
Blog designed by: Salvatore Fiteni
This is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet, Inc. ™ All Rights Reserved