There are so many reasons to why we can feel anxiety these days! So here are some recipes and some foods that relieve the body of anxiety immediately. Why? As soon as these particular nutrients hit our cells our body feels better.
The body can experience relief after eating these foods because they are high in essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients. This kale salad I use often! Enjoy!
Total making time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3 people
One head of Kale
1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons of Flax Oil
3 Tablespoons of Liquid Aminos (or Coconut aminos or 1 teaspoon of himalayan salt)
4 Tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast
4 Tablespoons of Sunflower Seeds
1. Tear the kale off from it’s stem and place in a large bowl. Tear the kale into small pieces.
2. Massage the avocado into the kale.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir! And it is ready!
+ Add PUMPKIN SEEDS, which are great when you have anxiety.
+ Add the salad to brown rice wraps for a delicious Salad Wrap!
+ Add more nutritional yeast if you like it ‘cheesy’
+ Add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder for more flavor!
Why this recipe is good when anxiety strikes:
- Calcium rich foods are sometimes recommended in the prevention of anxiety attacks. Foods naturally high in calcium include almonds, Brazil nuts, broccoli, oysters, salmon, sardines, sesame seeds, dark green leafy vegetables, raw milk, egg yolks and molasses.*
- In the case of fluctuating blood sugar levels, foods high in vitamin B5 are usually recommended. Foods high in vitamin B5 are avocados, bean sprouts, eggs, free range beef, lentils, mushrooms, mackerel, watermelons and pineapples.*
- Kale is a good source of iron. Nutritional Yeast is an excellent source of B vitamins. “Upon evaluation, researchers noted that both vitamin B6 and iron were lacking in the subjects with anxiety and hyperventilation issues, while those in the healthy group had adequate levels of these important nutrients. B vitamins and iron are particularly important for the synthesis of tryptophan into serotonin, a neurotransmitter that regulates not only mood and mental stability, but also sleep and cardiovascular function.”*
*Source from NaturalNews.com
3 Other Earth Diet Stress Relieving Recipes:
Chocolate Banana Smoothie INGREDIENTS: Banana, cacao, almonds.
Yellow Mellow Turmeric Tea INGREDIENTS: Turmeric, chamomile, ginger.
Respectable Rice ‘n Beans INGREDIENTS: Brown rice, beans, nutritional yeast.
Anxiety relieving foods:
1. Brown Rice
2. Black Beans
Chat with me here: www.facebook.com/lianawernergray
Author of The Earth Diet Book
Designed by: Salvatore Fiteni
This is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet, Inc. ™ All Rights Reserved