In a study published in the Annals of Dermatology in 2009, researchers found that just 1200 mg/d (1/4 teaspoon!) of pure Aloe Vera gel can significantly reverse signs of skin aging – In 90 days.
30 healthy females over the age of 45 received 2 different oral doses (low dose – 1200 mg/d, high dose – 3600 mg/d) of pure Aloe Vera gel supplementation for 90 days.
The results were remarkable: After just 90 days, facial wrinkles improved significantly in both groups, and facial elasticity improved in the lower dose group.
So aloe vera for preventing wrinkles works! While how to use this super plant to reduce wrinkles? See below 5 great Aloe Vera anti-wrinkle treatments you can easily do at home:
1. Homemade Aloe Vera Scrub
• 1 tablespoon of Aloe Gel
• 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup of brown sugar
Mix the ingredients together and massage it gently on your face in a circular motion. Do this for about 3-5 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water. Pat dry after.
The brown sugar will exfoliate the dead skin and allow for the healing nutrients of the oil and the Aloe to penetrate your skin.
2. Homemade Aloe Vera Face Mask
◦1 tbsp aloe gel
◦Pinch of Turmeric Powder
◦1 tbsp raw honey
◦1 tbsp milk
◦A few drops of Rose Water
Make a paste from all ingredients except for the aloe gel. Add the aloe gel to the paste and mix it well. Apply the paste to your face and neck evenly and leave for 20 minutes.
Wash it off with luke warm water and pat dry with a clean towel. Repeat once a week.
And other 3 simple homemade aloe vera face mask
1. Mix 1 teaspoon of powdered sea greens with 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel. Apply a thin layer to the face and leave on for ten minutes before rinsing. Do this once a week.
* Seaweed powder helps detoxify the body removing impurities and nourishing the skin by restoring it with essential nutrients. It also stimulates blood circulation leaving your skin with a healthy glow.
2. Mix 1 tbsp of Aloe Vera gel with 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Apply on your face and leave for 20 minutes.
Egg yolks actually contain retinoids that help the skin have a youthful glow. These retinoids are usually the main ingredient in many anti-aging products and you can have them the natural way by applying egg yolks on the face.
3. Blend 1/2 cup of fresh grapes with 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel and 1 tablespoon of raw honey. Apply over your face and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
The antioxidants present in grapes are helpful to prevent the harmful effects of free radicals and thus slowing skin aging.