(ANH) With the panic from Ebola spreading across the country, the public is rarely exposed to the natural ways to prevent Ebola, or treat the patients. This is even more vital because the natural ways can often be self-administered and are far less expensive. Additionally, they often boost the immune system. People that are most susceptible to Ebola are more likely to have immune systems that are compromised.
The “Catch-22” of drug economics, is that no company or person will spend the large funds needed to run clinical trials if the product that is being tested is unable to be patented, and transformed into a massive revenue-maker. This practically ensures that natural treatments will be ignored, while synthetic forms of vaccines and other drugs will be engineered.
The circumstances in which government creates and protects drug industry monopolies has always been outrageous. Now with a major threat of a deadly pandemic in sight, it is completely unacceptable. It is absolutely essential that voters are made aware of what is happening behind closed doors in Washington, so they can speak up and create a movement in our political system—before millions of people needlessly lose their lives and our economy is dealt a lethal blow.
Natural Treatment and Preventive Options
Silver has been utilized as an antimicrobial for thousands of years, and carries the ability both to attack viruses and inhibit their transmission. Intravenous vitamin C would also be a huge benefit to patients in clinics and hospitals that have already contracted Ebola.
In addition to these approaches, some new research has uncovered other effective and natural treatments for Ebola:
- As concluded by an important study published in the Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine, the Ebola virus seems to be dependent on selenium. This means the virus will rapidly drain its host of the mineral selenium, which makes the patient susceptible to high levels of oxidative stress, which as a result will contribute to hemorrhaging and an overall breakdown of the immune system. Patients who are already deficient in selenium—as people in developing nations often are, due to nutrition and food insufficiencies—are most vulnerable to Ebola.
- Several studies have looked at selenium yeast—which is the organic form of selenium, and is superior in terms of metabolism and bioavailability when compared with selenite and other inorganic forms of dietary selenium—as having a significant impact on the progression and incidence of a variety of degenerative and infectious diseases. There is no question that selenium yeast is associated with the increased ability to counteract oxidative stress.
- Intravenous (IV) vitamin C may be useful in clinics and hospitals, but currently isn’t offered, and many patients won’t get that far or might not even be welcome if they did. Such patients might be given high doses of vitamin C in a liposome version—it is gentler on the body, and can be given to patients in rural areas where hospitals and other medical facilities may be scarce. Glutathione—if taken orally—helps to recirculate both vitamin C and E, and helps to strengthen the immune system.
- Vitamin D is an essential necessity for our immune system to defend against viruses. Unfortunately, the darker a person’s skin—that is, the more melanin a person has—the more sunlight that person needs for their body to make its own vitamin D, so supplementation is critical. Megadoses would be utilized for patients who have already come in contact with the Ebola virus. Of course, at the moment, the dosages the government describes as “megadoses” barely get a patient into the upper range of “good” on a blood test. The current range in conventional medicine for adequate vitamin D in the blood is 30-100 ng/ml. Most people need about 10,000 iu a day of supplemented D just to get above 60. Vitamin D in the blood is thought to be most antiviral by many experts at around 70 ng/ml.
- Curcumin, which is the active ingredient in turmeric, can down-regulate the “cytokine storms” that are often the immediate cause of death from Ebola and other pandemic viruses. A cytokine storm is the potentially fatal reaction by the immune system, which is caused by a positive feedback loop between cytokines (small proteins that affect normal cell behavior) and white blood cells. The primary symptoms of a cytokine storm are swelling and redness, high fever, nausea, and extreme fatigue. The best way to increase your intake of Curcumin would be to utilize a Turmeric Extract Powder that yields a 90% or higher Curcumin content. Omega-3 fatty acids can also down-regulate the cytokine storm.
- Other natural antivirals that are currently being studied include vitamins A and B12 (the latter as an adjunct to other antiviral therapies), zinc, and melatonin.
Action Alert! Write to both FDA and Congress. Ask them to permit natural treatments for Ebola without the lengthy drug approval process. Send your message from the Alliance for Natural Health today!