Ginger, this commonly-used spice has lots of medicinal uses, including easing migraine headaches. As nausea and vomiting are the most common migraine symptoms, while ginger is well known for combating nausea and also providing relief for an upset stomach.
Studies About Using Ginger For Migraines
- A study published in Phytotherapy Research found that sumatriptan and ginger powder are similar in their effect on migraine relief, and ginger powder had less reported side effects than sumatriptan.
- Another study in Medical Science Monitor showed the combination of ginger and feverfew relieved migraine headache pain in almost 50%.
- A research by the American Academy of Neurology also proved the positive effect of ginger on the pain relief for migraine suffers.
- A study made by the Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine found that ginger contains volatile oils, which have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to prevent and ease migraines.
Homemade Ginger Ale Recipe
- 1 cup grated ginger
- 4 cups water
- 2 fresh limes
- A small handful of mint leaves
- Sparkling carbonated water
- Honey to taste
Add the ginger to boiled water and simmer for 5-10 minutes, then strain the ginger outside.
Now mix the ginger water with the other ingredients and your homemade ginger ale is well. Whenever you feel migraine headaches, use this easy-to-make ginger ale.
// Get The Best Of Natural Living Ideas At Seekingfit.com: