There is no denying that cannabis can aid in the treatment of numerous conditions, the handful of scientific studies done on cannabis show this quite clearly. As the stigma associated with marijuana fades away and prohibition becomes history, more and more studies will pop up.
Medical Benefits of Cannabidiol
I want to discuss the medical benefits of a certain cannabinoid found in marijuana; cannabidiol (CBD).
Cannabidiol is a non-psychoactive component of the cannabis plant, meaning it doesn’t get you stoned or high. It does however possess powerful analgesic benefits, aiding in the treatment of chronic pain, acute pain and neuropathic pain.
Now that we can isolate and extract this cannabinoid, it offers patients a natural, effective and safe way to treat their pain without turning to synthetic pharmaceuticals.
A Few Facts About Cannabidiol
- It is a powerful antioxidant, more potent than either Vitamin C or Vitamin E.
- It is an anti-inflammatory, helping relieve the pain and damage associated with inflammation.
- It is being studied for its potential neuroprotective benefits.
- It has been shown to have anti-cancer and anti-tumor benefits in breast cancer patients.
- It has been shown to improve bone fracture healing.
Cannabidiol May Be A Useful Treatment Option For…
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
As the research forges forwards, this list will grow.
Cannabidiol is an exciting new treatment option because it means you don’t have to light up a joint to benefit from cannabis. You can simply take a pill to help relieve pain and treat a number of conditions, naturally, effectively, safely and without the psychoactive high associated with marijuana.