Celebrate Mother’s Day with a gift of health and independence by giving a book or online course in homeopathy. Homeopathic remedies are readily available at natural food stores for about $7.00, but the key is knowing which to use when. The results when you have this knowledge can be dramatic and wonderful. It brings to mind Galadriel bestowing magical gifts to help in the fight against the “One Ring”. But homeopathy is very real.
History of Homeopathy
Until 1940, there were two systems of medicine practiced in the United States. Allopathic medicine was one system, which is what we have today in mainstream medicine. Homeopathic medicine was the other system and was well known and widely used by physicians in the U.S. However, during the 1930’s, forces set in motion by pharmaceutical companies changed the face of medicine and respected homeopathic hospitals and physicians quietly disappeared.
Best Odds During The Great Flu Pandemic
The desire of pharmaceutical companies to shut down the more successful competition is clear when you look at statistics from The Great Flu Pandemic of 1918-1919 where more than 50 million people died. Patients under the care of doctors using homeopathic medicines had dramatically higher survival rates than those under allopathic care where pharmaceutical drugs were used. Chances of survival under the care of a homeopath were 148 to 1; but only 16 to 1 under the care of an allopathic physician. Pregnant women fared even worse under allopathic care; pregnant women were 41 times more likely to die if their care was provided by an allopathic physician.
Frank Wieland M.D., a doctor practicing in Chicago during the pandemic wrote, “In a plant of 8,000 workers we had only one death. The patients were not drugged to death. Gelsemium was practically the only remedy used. We used no Aspirin and no vaccines.”
After 1940, homeopathy had become almost a lost art in the U.S., but it is becoming popular again as people learn to use homeopathic remedies themselves. Homeopathic remedies have always been used in a practical way for emergency situations; for example the remedy Phosphorus is always helpful in bleeding and Arnica montana is always helpful for injuries. But illness, especially chronic illness, was traditionally treated by a homeopathic physician trained in a classical model where the choice of remedy is based on the individual rather than specific to the illness. But that has changed.
Effective ways to use remedies for specific illness are now available to everyone. Many of the methods come from India where homeopathy is a widely used system of medicine. After treating thousands of cases, data emerges from successful cures about which remedy is generally effective for which condition. With this information, any individual can learn how to address most of today’s health issues.
Homeopathy is effective in treating more than infections, disease, and chronic illnesses. Imagine knowing a medicine that calms internally when there are money worries; cures acne and poor vision; heartache; food cravings; performance anxiety; forgetfulness; allergies; and offensive sweat, to mention just a few. Knowing how to use the remedies enables every person to be their best self.
Why Learn Homeopathy?
- In homeopathy, the individual is in control of their health; in allopathic medicine, experts are in control.
- In homeopathy benign medicines are used that have no side effects; in allopathy, toxic medicines are used with many negative side effects.
- Homeopathy has a medicine for all suffering; allopathic medicine bids the person live with all suffering for which it does not have a medicine.
- Homeopathy uses the individual’s complaints which act like hieroglyphics pointing to the cure; allopathy discounts individuals and their complaints.
- With homeopathy, individuals can learn to treat themselves and their families at home and develop their own expertise; allopathic medicine requires eight to ten years of advanced schooling, the door to which is controlled by gatekeepers who let in only a few willing to blindly follow orders.
Galadriel in Every Woman
Every bit of knowledge gained is another step in independence from mainstream medicine. With homeopathy, women can become a potent force for themselves and their families; and reclaim their rightful place as healers. Learning homeopathy can uncover a woman’s potential to be a Galadriel for herself and for the loved ones in her life.
1. Dr. Lisa Samet N.D., “Homeopathy During the Deadliest Epidemic Ever Recorded,” Homeopathy Works, December 29, 2015. [http://www.homeopathyworks.com/blog/homeopathy-during-the-deadliest-epidemic-ever-recorded/] Last accessed May 4, 2016.
2. Judith Boice ND, LAc, FABNO, “The Rise, Fall and Resurrection of Homeopathy in the United States,” Hevert.com. [http://www.hevert.com/market-us/en_US/company_profile/hevert_news/article/rise-fall-resurrection-homeopathy-united-states]. Last accessed May 4, 2016.
3. W.A. Dewey, M.D., University of Michigan, Homeopathy in Influenza – A Chorus of Fifty in Harmony, Journal of the American Institute of Homeopathy, May 1921.