Man, oh, man, have we been brainwashed!
Doctors learn it in med school. Magazines write about it. In fact, everywhere we look, it’s accepted as fact, perhaps even wisdom.
Surely, you’ve heard it, too: A low-fat diet is the way to good health, happiness and probably world peace.
Which just happens to be the opposite of the truth. A low-fat diet puts you on the road to chronic disease. And it starves the joy from your brain, so happiness is a long shot. And how can we have world peace when everybody’s cranky and craving something they can’t figure out?
Here are twenty things you need to know about a low-fat diet:
1. A low-fat diet increases your risk of cancer.
2. A low-fat diet speeds up aging.
3. A low-fat diet loses muscle, not fat.
4. A low-fat diet means you can’t absorb nutrition.
5. A low-fat diet leads to depression. And makes depression worse.
6. A low-fat diet damages your metabolism. It’s fixable, but not without effort.
7. A low-fat diet throws the endocrine system into an unbalanced tizzy.
8. A low-fat diet can cause hyperthyroidism. Hypothyroidism, too. Either way, you lose.
9. A low-fat diet, such as that promoted by the American Diabetic Association, increases insulin resistance.
10. A low-fat diet can cause infertility.
11. Your body makes your hormones from the saturated fat you eat. Low fat means low hormones.
12. A low-fat diet leads to gallstones.
13. A low-fat diet worsens Crohn’s Disease.
14. A low-fat diet can cause constipation. Or give you the turkey-trots. Some choice that is.
15. A low-fat diet raises cholesterol levels.
16. A low-fat diet starves your brain.
17. A low-fat diet leads to chronic disease.
18. A low-fat diet explains acne.
19. A low-fat diet causes cravings.
20. A wrong-fat diet (vegetable oils) is at least as bad as a low-fat diet.
To sum it up: A low-fat diet is a swell way to ruin your health. Who knew?
God is good,
About the author: Bette Dowdell defines determination. In a really deep health ditch, with doctors who didn’t help, she got her Oh-Yeah! attitude in gear and researched her way out. She never intended to be a health expert, but sometimes a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. You can subscribe to Bette’s free e-mails on how to solve health problems at http://TooPoopedToParticipate.com