Bay leaves have many health benefits, they are good at detoxify the body, help with the wound healing and also good for your skin health. They have notable plant-derived compounds, minerals and vitamins, including vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc , copper and manganese, all of them provide a wide range of benefits for your overall health, one of which is their benefits for aiding weight loss naturally.
When combine with cinnamon, these two spices may affect your digestive system to help you lose the unwanted fats quickly. The green tea in this recipe is also well known for boosting the metabolism and promoting fat burning process.
How to reduce your waistline with this recipe
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon of green tea
Add these ingredients into boiling water and let it infuse for 10-15 minutes. Then you can filter and voila, your weight loss drink is well.
Drink this tea three times a day for a week. One cup in the morning, another after your breakfast and the third cup before your bedtime. It’s said that this drink with these 3 ingredients can reduce your waistline in just a week, just follow it and you will notice the result.
Other health benefits of bay leaves:
Bay leaves have been used widely by the Greeks and Romans, thanks to their medicinal properties. They help you in many other ways too.
- They’re good for people with diabetesBay leaves can lead to reduction in blood glucose and cholesterol levels. Consume the tea regularly will cause a drop in sugar levels and also regulate the functioning of your heart, making it good for those with diabetes.
- They improve digestionDrink this tea or simply taking a cup of bay leaves with hot water will relieve the common digestive problems such as heartburn, acid reflux and flatulence. This is due to the enzymes in bay leaves, which help to break down proteins, thus aiding in digestion.
- They help the treatment of cold and feverTea make with bay leaves is effective in treating fever, cold and other infections as their great antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- They help relieve joint and muscle painsBay leaves contain parthenolide, a phytonutrient that has anti-inflammatory properties, makes them relieve joint and muscle pains effectively. This tea is also a good option for people who suffer from arthritis.
- They lower the risk of heart diseaseBay leaves are well known to protect you against heart attack as they contain caffeic acid, rutin and salicylates, all of which are essential for a healthy heart.
- They prevent cancerThe phytonutrients present in bay leaves help to prevent various kinds of cancer. And one compound called parthenolide in them has been shown to restrain the proliferation of cervical cancel cells.
Now you know bay leaves have so many health-enhancing properties, it’s time to consider using it not only in cooking but as a tea form just like the recipe we talked about in this article, it will help you ease many ailments and improve your overall health.