The Importance of Liver Detoxing
An unhealthy liver may lead to many unpleasant symptoms, such as lack of energy, obesity, mood disorders, an upset stomach and bloating, headaches, bad breath, skin problems, dark urine, abdominal pain, digestive problems, back pain, constipation, asthma, depression and chronic fatigue. When your liver becomes toxic, fatty or scarred, you will have some of these symptoms.
For liver detoxing, an important step is care of what you eat, it’s essential to maintain a healthy, organic diet to keep the liver clean. And consume the mixture of vegetable juices, fruit juices or herbs over a period is also an effective way for a liver cleanse.
Highly Recommended Foods to Support the Liver
- Dark green, leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, collards, turnip greens, cabbage and broccoli.
- Bitter foods such as dandelion greens, mustard greens and bitter melon.
- Fruit and vegetable juices. Juices of green apple, grapefruit, carrot and wheat grass are good choices.
- Sea vegetables such as wakame, kombu and hijiki.
Suggested Herbs to Use For A Liver Cleansing and Detoxing
- Licorice Root
- Yellow Dock
- Black Radish
Take care of your liver, and it will take care of you as well. A healthy liver means a healthy cholesterol levels, a balanced hormones and a clear skin condition. Following are 3 recipes which are easy to make you can try to take care of your liver.
1. Colorful Veggies&Fruits Drink:
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Cucumber
- Half a Lemon
- 1 Apple
Make juice with all these ingredients and drink it immediately.
2. Green Tea Citrus Twist:
- A small cup of cooled green tea
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 1 Banana blended in
Banana helps to release toxins and heavy metals from the body, which is essential during a liver cleanse.
3. Turmeric Liver Flushing Drink:
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric
- A bit of ginger
- Juice of half a lemon
- Half a cup of water
Turmeric supports healthy liver metabolism. When combined with lemon, the cleansing result will be better. This drink also aids in digestion and helps to maintain a healthy blood sugar level.