There are tons of ways to add potatoes to your daily meal, but maybe you have not tried consuming it in raw juice form? Yes, this super vegetable can be used to make into juice with an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, carbohydrates, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, manganese, and iron.
How to juice a potato
•Scrub the outside of each potato with hot water and soap, make sure to thoroughly rinse the soap from the potato surface.
•Peel the potatoes and remove their eyes. Chop them into smaller chunks.
•Process the potatoes through your juicer. Pour the juice into a carafe and thoroughly chill before consuming. The starch in the potato juice may discolor as it is exposed to air.
Note: Potato Juice does not so tasty,so if you don’t like the taste, mix it with other juices like carrot juice and add some honey so it tastes great!
Let’s have a quick look at some of the benefits of this wonderful gift of nature:
-Potato Juice is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent work well for arthritis, joint pain as well as back pain. Drink it in the morning on an empty stomach for best results.
-Potato Juice is very alkaline and works to alkalize the body thus preventing diseases such as cardiovascular disease and even cancer. Drink 1-2 glasses of potato juice every day to cure gastric ulcer, kidney disease, heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, liver disease and sore shoulders.
-Potato Juice can also aid in weight loss. Maybe you will be surprised to know that potato actually is a low-calorie vegetable, a medium sized cooked one is only with 26 calories. Drink it twice a day—first in the morning on an empty stomach and next, at night about 2-3 hours before bedtime.
Wonder to know which types of potatoes are good for weight loss? Check!
-Drink potato juice regularly can improve digestive function and thwart ailments like constipation, diarrhea, bloating, and indigestion.
-Potato Juice lowers cholesterol too. Drink a cup of potato juice to improve your overall state of health and well being.
-And believe it or not, potato juice is super beneficial for your skin and hair, how to use?
- Store the fresh potato juice in fridge for some hours and then apply for skin to treat blemishes
- Cold juice can also be applied on sun burnt skin for a soothing and cooling sensation
- Apply potato juice on your face daily to keep away wrinkles
- Keep cotton balls dipped in potato juice under the eyes to reduce dark circles.
- Apply potato juice to reduce facial swelling and for a natural bleaching effect.
- Mix potato and lemon juice to lighten your skin naturally
- Mix potato juice with curd. Apply this mask for anti-aging, hydration and to reduce fine lines.
- Apply cucumber and potato juice on your face to lighten skin tone and to treat puffiness of the eyes.
- Apply potato juice with olive oil to remove wrinkles and dark circles.
- Potato juice can be used for hair growth. Mix it with egg white and honey, then apply on your hair and let it stay there for two hours. Rinse off with mild shampoo and then, water.
- Mixture of aloe vera and potato juice can bring back the healthy shine of your dry hair.
- Rinse off shampoo from your hair by potato juice instead of water, this will help darken gray hair effectively.