This is a natural, safe and inexpensive way to get relief from the aches and pains of the common cold. Make this massage oil by mixing peppermint, rosemary and ginger essential oils to help you relieve the cold symptoms.
What you have to prepare:
• 1 ounce sunflower oil
• 6 drops rosemary essential oil
• 4 drops peppermint oil
• 3 drops ginger essential oil
Simply combine all these ingredients in a glass bowl, then rub it over chest, upper back, neck and shoulders.
Use it twice a day, in morning and evening and you will get relief in 2-3 days.
The secret of this cold-symptom relief massage oil
- Sunflower oil helps maintain healthy immune system due to the rich content of zinc. Zinc is also beneficial in maintaining your sense of smell and taste for relieving the common cold symptoms.
- The regular use of rosemary essential oil also can increase the strength of immune system and thus helping fight against the diseases including the common colds and flu.
- Peppermint oil is well known for its anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, and it is widely used by people with weak immune system to combat various diseases.
- Ginger oil is good expectorant, it is effective in treating some respiratory problems, including cold, flu, cough, asthma and breathlessness. It is also well known to be able to remove mucus from the throat and lungs.
There are more herbs and herbal remedies can boost immunity to prevent and cure cold and other illness, choose from them to create your own blend that will fight against viruses and reduce the cold symptoms:
Several studies have shown that astragalus boosts the immune system and combats bacteria and inflammation.
Studies showed echinacea shortens the duration of the common cold and flu. It relieves the cold symptoms by stimulating white blood cells and increasing production of virus-fighting substances.
The compounds in elderberry inhibit the enzyme that cold and flu viruses use to penetrate cell membranes. An effective syrup made with elderberry juice, glucose, citric acid, raspberry extract and honey has ability to cure cold within 2-3 days.
Garlic is beneficial in fighting against viruses that cause cold and flu, it also promotes expectoration, to help you cough up mucus. Take raw garlic regularly during cold and flu season , they will protect you in many ways.
Lemon balm has good anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, and it’s useful for curing cold and flu. It’s normally taken in the form of lemon balm tea, which is also an effective treatment for core sores and genital herpes.
Feverfew is well known for its ability to ease headaches and migraines, and it also works to relieve cold symptoms, fever, arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.
The flowers of yarrow
The flowers of yarrow has been used in treating cold and flu since long time, it’s useful for fighting against inflammation and also promoting sweating.
Thyme is loaded with vitamin A and C, it works great to boost your immunity especially in the flu season. Consuming some thyme tea to treat a cough or sore throat and other cold symptoms.