Have you ever been in the situation, in which your hair keeps falling days after days with an excessive amount? Do not ignore the tufts on the bathroom floor or in the drain, as it can be an obvious sign of hair loss syndrome.
Averagely, a person can lose 60-100 hairs a day. In people with longer strands, the amount of hair fallen tends to exceed those in people with shorter strands. If you find yourself lose much more hair than the mentioned figures, you might be experiencing the syndrome of hair loss.
Hair loss, also called baldness or alopecia, is a common problem of many people nowadays, which is able to take away their attractiveness and confidence.
Causes of Hair Loss
Here are some main causes that can trigger the syndrome of hair loss.
- Genetics: hair loss can runs in family, which means people will get hair loss at a certain age if their parent and other family member also has the syndrome.
- Hormone imbalances: the hormone changes can definitely have impacts on your appearance and health. Hair loss can be one of the obvious sign of the hormone imbalance, occurring mostly in pregnant women and those after delivery.
- Emotional stress: if you are under stress or any kind of pressure, your skin and hair will reflect it.
- Medical conditions: of course, if you are suffering from skin infection, hair problems, you possibly lose more hair than usual.
- Other causes: nutrient deficiency, drugs, aging, etc.
Here are top 15 home remedies for hair loss you can easily apply to reduce the hair fallen and improve your hair condition…
The rich content of sulfur in onion plays a key role in promoting the blood flow to the scalp as well as the collagen production. Besides, the substance is also able to inhibit the development of bacteria and fungi on our scalp. These are the reasons why onion should be on our list of home remedies for hair loss.
- Extract the juice from onion and apply directly on your scalp. Wait for 15 minutes then rinse off the area with mild shampoo. Finally, let your hair dry naturally. Do this twice a week for the best result.
- Make a mixture of onion juice and honey in the ratio of 2:1 then use it to apply on your scalp. Give your scalp a massage in 15 minutes then rinse off with mild shampoo. Do this daily so that you can quickly see the improvement.
- Alternatively, chop an onion into small pieces and soak them in rum. Leave it overnight and remove the onion. Use the solution to massage your scalp for a few minutes. Finally, rinse off with clean water.
Protein is an essential nutrient for your hair, which is abundant in eggs, a familiar ingredient in our pantry. Also, eggs contain an array of other nutrients like vitamin B, biotin that are extremely good for our hair. As a result, eggs become a trusted ingredient used popularly in home remedies for hair loss.
- Eat one egg daily.
- Beat one egg with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Rinse your hair with water then dry it with a towel. Apply the solution to your hair, from root to tip and leave it for at least 30 minutes. Finally, wash it off with clean water.
- Use the egg whites to apply on your scalp and hair. After 20 minutes, rinse off your hair with water.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a rich source of lauric acid and fatty acid, which makes it perfect ingredient to make home remedies for hair loss. With its valuable nutrients, coconut oil helps nourish the hair and enhance blood circulation. Additionally, it also protects the strands and roots of the hair, preventing it from breakages and falling.
- Simply shampoo your hair with warm coconut milk.
- Warm up some coconut oil and use it to apply on your scalp as well as your hair from root to tip. Leave it for an hour then wash off with water.
- Make a hair mask of coconut milk, olive oil, honey and avocado pulp. Apply the mask on your hair for 30 minutes then wash off.
Garlic has been a good companion of people in treating various health and beauty problems, including hair loss. This is due to the valuable content of nutrients in garlic, including calcium, zinc, vitamin A, copper, sulfur, etc. These substances work well together to aid promote the hair growth and remove harmful substances like fungi and bacteria from the scalp. To make treatments of hair loss from garlic, you should:
- Crush some garlic cloves to get the juice and add it into your shampoo and conditioner.
- Put some garlic cloves into some coconut oil and boil it. After a few minutes, strain the solution and let it cool down. Use it to massage your scalp for 15-30 minutes then rinse off with water. Do this 2-3 times a week for the best result.
- Add some garlic cloves into some olive oil and leave it. After a week, use the solution to apply onto your scalp and hair at night before bed. In the next morning, wash your hair with mild shampoo and clean water.
Avocado possesses an ample source of vitamins, especially vitamin E and B, which are the most essential nutrients for hair. Therefore, using avocado to make conditioners and hair mask is one of the best ways to make home remedies for hair loss.
- Make your hair damp then use the mixture from avocado, egg yolk and water to apply to your scalp and hair. After 20 minutes, wash off your hair with lukewarm water.
- Mash an avocado and a banana then mix them together. Add into the mixture 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Use it to massage your scalp for a few minutes and let it sit on for 30 more minutes. Finally, rinse off the hair with water.
6. Aloe Vera
One of the most well known ingredients you have to try when it comes to problems with skin and hair is Aloe Vera. The mucopolysaccharides in the plant help to moisturize the skin and improve he circulation on the scalp. Also, the substances nourish the hair, promoting its growth and strength.
- Consume Aloe Vera juice daily to nourish the hair and over health from inside.
- Take the gel from Aloe Vera leaves and mix it with germ oil and coconut milk. Use it to shampoo your hair.
- Another option for you is to apply directly the gel of Aloe Vera to your scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes then use warm water to wash off your hair.
Almond has been commonly used for hair problems for a long time thanks to its content of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin D, E, magnesium and calcium. With this profile of nutrient, the nut is able to get rid of hair loss as well as nourish the hair and scalp.
- Use some warm almond oil to apply to your scalp. Give it a massage for a few minutes.
- Let it sit on for a few hours then washing off with mild shampoo.
8. Olive Oil
According to experts, olive oil contains lots of nutrients, which can be seen as fundamental nutritional components for our skin and scalp like mono unsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E. Furthermore, the antioxidants in the oil help nourish the scalp skin, keeping it in better shape and preventing problems.
- Use warm olive oil to massage your scalp gently. Leave it for 30 minutes then wash off with mild shampoo.
- For better effect, you can mix some warm olive oil, coconut oil and sweet almond oil together. Use the mixture to apply on your scalp.
9. Grape Seed Oil
Another oil you can use to benefit your hair is grape seed oil, which contains antioxidants used to inhibit the production of hormone causing hair loss. Besides, like olive oil and coconut oil, grape seed oil contains an array of vitamins and minerals so it can effectively moisturize and nourish your hair.
With the use of grape seed oil, after a month you can see that your hair gets stronger and shinier.
- Warm up some grape seed oil and use it to apply on your scalp and hair after washing hair. After 30 minutes – 1 hour, rinse off again with water.
- For better effect, you can mix it with jojoba oil.
10. Green Tea
Green tea has been well known for its various benefit providing to human, including heart health, anti-aging, cancer prevention, etc. However, there is also another benefit that has been made use of for a long time, which is preventing and treating hair loss.
- Consume at least 2-3 cups of green tea every day in order to reduce hair fallen as well as improve your overall health.
- Alternatively, put 2 bags of green tea into hot water. Let it steep for some minutes then strain. After the water cools down, use the liquid to rinse your hair and leave it for 1 hour. Finally, wash off again with water.
11. Licorice Root
This traditional herb is believed to have the ability to sooth the scalp, reduce the irritation and open the pores. Therefore, it is advisable to use licorice root to make home remedies for hair loss if it is available to you.
- Mix licorice root and saffron together in the ratio of 4:1
- Use the solution to apply on the scalp before bedtime and leave it overnight.
- In the next morning, use water to wash your hair.
- Do this 2 times a week for the best result.
As other ingredients, beans are abundant in protein, vitamins and minerals. Therefore, they are highly effective in nourishing the scalp and hair.
- Use more beans to make your daily meal.
- Grind some dried beans into powder and mix it into water for consumption.
Beetroot is a rich source of protein, carbohydrates, calcium, vitamin B and C. These valuable nutrients are essential for your skin and hair, which explains for why beetroot is an excellent ingredient used in hair loss treatment.
- Consume a glass of beetroot juice daily to strengthen your hair and prevent hair loss
- Boil some beetroot leaves and grind it with henna to make a fine paste. Apply the paste to your scalp and wash it off after 20 minutes.
It is confirmed that potatoes are loaded with vitamins and minerals, especially beta-carotene, a substance good for your hair. By applying potatoes to make home remedies for hair loss, you will be surprised by its amazing instant effect.
- Boils some potatoes and leave the water to cool down.
- Wash your hair with mild shampoo as usual.
- Use the boiling water to rinse off.
- Do this daily for better effect.
More than a common vegetable, carrot is a rich source of vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, B, C, D, E, magnesium, biotin, etc. These are powerful nutrients that can help your successfully get rid of hair loss.
- Drink a glass of carrot juice every morning.
- Also, add more carrot into your daily diet.
More by Jenny Heth
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Cavities – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- Home Remedies for Alopecia
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Ingrown Toenail
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor
- Top 10 Home Remedies for Staph Infection
- Top 15 Natural Home Remedies for Boils
- Top 15 Natural Home Remedies for Asthma