Diabetes is a term referred to a condition, in which the glucose or sugar levels in blood exceed the permitted amount by many times. Specifically, your body produces a hormone called insulin to assist glucose, a substance from foods you eat to provide energy to your cells. When you get diabetes, it means that either there is no insulin produced in your body (type 1 diabetes) or there is not enough insulin or the hormone is not used well (type 2 diabetes). As a result, the glucose cannot get into the cells and keeps remaining in the blood.
In case of people who have blood sugar slightly or considerably higher than permitted amount but has not reached the level of diabetes, it is called prediabetes. These suffers are likely to get type 2 diabetes soon unless they have proper management.
The last type of diabetes is called gestational diabetes, which occurs in pregnant women.
Causes of Diabetes
While type 1 diabetes tends to occur in children and young adults, type 2 diabetes mostly affects people in middle aged and older groups, especially those with overweight and obesity. The main cause that is responsible for type 2 diabetes is unbalanced diet and physical inactivity. Other factors triggering the condition include:
- Viruses and infections
- Genetic susceptibility
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Environment factors
- Infant feeding practices
- Liver dysfunction leading to abnormal glucose production
Symptoms of Diabetes
You can easily notice the symptoms of diabetes through these signs:
- Thirst and hunger most of the time
- Frequent urinating than usual, especially at night
- Weight loss
- Dry eyes and poor vision
- Slow healing
- Itching, tingling, pain and numbness on hands and legs as well as other parts of the body
Diabetes is a really dangerous diseases as it can lead to other serious health problems, especially stroke and heart disease. Besides, the condition also affects your eyes, nerves, kidneys and even make you lose a limb.
Owing to the danger of diabetes, it is necessary to treat the condition immediately and properly as soon as you find out the symptoms. Unfortunately, there has not been no certain cure for the disease, but you can still manage the condition with a healthy lifestyle, balanced diet, exercise and some natural home remedies for diabetes.
Here are top 10 home remedies for diabetes that will not disappoint you in the fight against diabetes…
As mentioned, one of the main factors triggering type 2 diabetes is obesity. In this case, no matter which home remedies for diabetes you use, exercise is a compulsory activity you have to do every day. It will significantly contribute to your overall health as well as the liver function.
Make time for yourself to do some exercise or any physical activity to prevent and treat diabetes.
Fenugreek possesses hypoglycaemic activity, which makes it a perfect ingredient used for home remedies for diabetes. In detail, the seeds are able to control the condition of diabetes by slowing down the absorption of sugars and carbohydrates, reducing the glucose in blood and making more time for insulin to work.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of fenugreek into water and leave it overnight. In the next morning, use the water to consume on your empty stomach in a few months to see the improvement.
- Add more fenugreek to your daily meal or simply consume a glass of milk with fenugreek powder every day.
3. Bitter Gourd
Using as a home remedy for diabetes, bitter gourd cannot completely replace diabetes treatments but it can significantly assist the management of condition. With the ability to inhibit the blood glucose level in cells, organs and other parts of the body, bitter gourd helps to improve the condition of sufferers with both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Remove the seeds from some bitter gourds and extract their juice. Add into the juice some water to make it easier to consume. Use the mixture to drink every morning on your empty stomach for a few months.
- At the same time, add more bitter gourds to your daily diet.
Regarding home remedies for diabetes, especially type 2 diabetes, cinnamon should be one of your first choice of ingredients due to its ability to accelerate the insulin production and enhance the hormone’s activity. Accordingly, the glucose can easily get into cell and do its job, leading to a decrease in blood sugar level.
Since the Cassia cinnamon might cause harm to your liver if overdose, it is recommended to use Ceylon cinnamon instead.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder into a cup of warm water and consume everyday. You can also use cinnamon sticks to put into hot water. Leave it 20 minutes before consume the solution.
- At the same time, add more cinnamon into your daily diet to quickly see the improvement.
5. Mango Leaves
Mango leaves are another ingredient used in natural treatments of diabetes. By regulating the insulin level in the blood, mango leaves enable glucose to get into cells and provide energy. This is truly a great home remedy for diabetes.
- Soak some fresh and clean mango leaves overnight. In the next morning, remove the leaves and use the water to drink on your empty stomach.
- Alternatively, consume 2 teaspoons of mango leaves powder everyday.
- Repeat the treatments daily for a few months and see its amazing effect.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has been so well known as an ingredient for beauty treatments, but not many people know it as a natural remedy for diabetes. More specifically, the gel extracted from the leaves is able to control the blood sugar or blood glucose, which is extremely beneficial for patients with diabetes.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and get the gel inside.
- Mix it with some ground bay leaves and turmeric powder.
- Consume the mixture 1-2 times a day to control the condition of diabetes.
Okra, also known as “lady finger” possesses an ability to manage the condition of diabetes by adjusting the blood sugar level. This is the reason why okra is another excellent home remedy for diabetes that you’d better take into consideration.
- Cut off the ends of some okras.
- Prick all of them with a fork then soak into the water.
- Leave it overnight and remove the okras in the next morning.
- Consume the water on your empty stomach.
- Simultaneously, use okras for your daily meal.
Being rich in vitamin C, amla, an Indian gooseberry is able to promote not only pancreas function but also immune system. This is extremely beneficial for people with symptoms of diabetes.
- Simply drink amla juice on your empty stomach every morning.
- For better effect, you can add into the juice some bitter gourd juice.
- Follow this for a few months to get the best result.
9. Black Plum
Black plum is a popular Indian black berry for its delicious taste and the content of nutrients. With ellagic acid and anthocyanins, etc. black plum are highly effective in managing the blood glucose level and urinating frequency.
- Mix 1-2 teaspoons of black plum powder into a glass of warm water then consume twice daily.
- At the same time, have black plum as your snack during the day.
10. Curry Leaves
Curry leaves have been confirmed to contain anti-diabetic properties, which makes it a perfect fruit to make home remedies for diabetes. By using curry leaves to control the condition of diabetes, you are helping yourself to keep the glucose or sugar level in blood at the proper rate.
- Eat 10-15 fresh curry leaves in the empty stomach every morning.
- Extract the juice from some curry leaves and consume every morning.
To sum up, diabetes is not a simple disease that is easy to cure. In fact, it might take a long time to have it under your control and prevent it from affecting your physical and mental health. Therefore, it is necessary to live a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet, enough time for exercise and some of home remedies for diabetes to get the best result for your condition. However, do not forget to consult your doctor before follow any treatments of diabetes.
More by Jenny Heth
- Home Remedies for Gastritis – Top 15 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- Home Remedies for Alopecia
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Ingrown Toenail
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor
- Top 10 Home Remedies for Staph Infection
- Top 15 Natural Home Remedies for Boils
- Top 15 Natural Home Remedies for Asthma