Black beans also know as turtle beans, are small beans with a meaty texture that tend to take on the flavor of the ingredients you use with them such as the ones found in black bean chili. Black bean chili is a surprisingly healthy and full of highly nourishing antioxidants that help prevent cancer and relief common health conditions.
Antioxidants Found in the Ingredients Use for Making Black Bean Chili
- Black Beans: Petunidin, Delphindin and Malvidin
- Tomatoes: Vitamins A, C and E as well as Lycopene
- Onions: Quercetin, Isorhamnetin, Myricetin and Kaempferol
- Garlic: Allin, Allicin, Allinase and Sulfur Compounds
- Red and Green Bell Peppers: Beta-carotene, Lutein, Zeaxanthin and Vitamin C
- Chili Seasoning Blend: Capsaicin, Vitamins C and A, Beta-carotenoids
Medicinal Benefits provided by the Antioxidants found in Chili
- Pain Relieving
- Anti Acid
- Endorphin Stimulating
- Memory Boosting
- Congestion Relieving
- Immune Boosting
Health Benefits of Eating Chili with Black Beans
With all the antioxidants and medicinal benefits found in black bean chili it should become a dish in your weekly meal plan. Consuming a dish like this once a week with nourish all the systems of the body and help keep you healthy and well energized. This is because chili not only contains antioxidants and medicinal properties that act as preventive and healing measures, but because a bowl of chili also contains high amounts of fiber, which is essential for pushing and removing toxins and backed up waste that is plaguing the body or making it runny poorly. In order for the antioxidants in the chili to nourish the body that colon and intestines need to be able to absorb these essential nutrients properly so the body can use them the proper way to stay healthy. When the intestines and colon are backed up with waste and toxins, most of the time the antioxidants you get from daily meals just passes through the body and is expelled as wasted instead of being absorbed through these areas and used to nourish, heal and protect the body from illnesses such as cancers, infections and diseases.
Antioxidant Rich Black Bean Chili Recipe
The ingredients you will need to make an antioxidant rich black bean chili are:
- 4 cups of black beans
- 1 red bell pepper and 1 green bell pepper
- Large yellow onion,
- 3 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 Packets of chili seasoning mix
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of petite diced tomatoes
- 2 pounds of beef or turkey burger, which is optional.
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder, which is optional, but does contain loads of antioxidants.
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of honey, which is optional for those who like sweet and savory chili dishes
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, which is optional for those who like spicy chili dishes
Directions: Once you have all the ingredients you can toss them into a crock-pot and turn your crock-pot on medium heat and allow the chili to cook for at least 6 to 8 hours. You will need to stir the chili occasionally and adjust the ingredients to achieve the flavor and texture you desire your chili to be for eating. Some people love their chili thick while others love their chili slightly soup. Others love their chili super hot in flavor while others like a more mildly sweet flavor. Once the chili is cooked and to your desired liking you can serve it up for a healthy hearty nourishing bowl of food pack full of potent antioxidants and nutrients that will nourish, heal and protect your body from illnesses.