There are lots of evidence-based benefits of pomegranate, this fruit can help lower the risk of many diseases, including heart disease, Alzheimer’s and even cancer.
When you eat pomegranate, it will lower the risk of cancer, especially effective for breast and prostate cancer. According to researches:
1. Pomegranate contains natural aromatase inhibitors, which can inhibit the production of estrogen, thus reducing the risk of breast cancer.
2. Studies (S1) have found that consume pomegranate juice slowed the increase in PSA after the treatment for prostate cancer.
3. Thanks to the anti-angiogenic effect of it, pomegranate has ability to prevent the tumors growing larger.
Pomegranate helps prevent heart disease:
1. Pomegranate juice can protect the LDL cholesterol particles from oxidant, thus preventing heart disease.
2. Pomegranate is a good source of polyphenols, which have powerful antioxidant effects to prevent free radical damage of the walls of arteries, this also lowers the risk of heart disease.
Pomegranate improves your brain function and keeps Alzheimer’s at bay:
1. In a study (S2), 2 grams of pomegranate extract in surgical patients prevented deficits in memory after the surgery.
2. Another research (S3) found that people who drunk pomegranate juice daily performed better on a memory task.
3. Take pomegranate or its juice often can also improve memory in the elderly to protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
All of these benefits make pomegranate a good option to your diet, but there are more good reasons to eat it.
More proven benefits of pomegranate:
- Pomegranate improves exercise performance
- Boosts immune system
- Helps fight against gum disease due to its anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties
- Promotes digestion
- Helps treat arthritis and joint pain
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Increases your libido
- Lowers stress level
So eat your pomegranate, choose fresh ones as you can. They are not only tasty, but also with great medicinal powers, your body will thank you for eating.
For more related reading, check this natural healthy lifestyle website seekingfit.com.