Guilt-Free Almond-Banana “Ice Cream” (Dairy Free)
For many of us, ridding ourselves from sugar cravings can be a daunting task. Nearly all the foods we eat on a regular basis contain sugar, and 74% of those foods contain added sugar. In the last 20 years, the amount of sugar consumed by Americans has soared from 26lbs to a whopping 150lbs. I think it’s safe to say that the sugar industry will undoubtedly go down in history as the single biggest threat to the human population.
Cutting a vast amount of sugar (especially refined sugar) out off your diet will not only help you burn fat, but it will also help slow down the aging process of your cells. Who doesn’t want to live a longer, healthier life? That being said, here is a healthy alternative to a sugary dessert.
- One or two very ripe frozen organic bananas
- Organic shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
- Half cup of raw organic almonds
- Slice frozen banana into chunks and place in a high-power blender or food processor.
- Add about 1-2 tablespoons of shredded coconut.
- Add 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon (or use as a topping).
- Add a half cup of raw organic almonds
- Blend until the consistency reminds you of soft-serve ice cream.
You may add any toppings of your choice (keep it healthy, of course). I like to top mine with organic cacao nibs and a small drizzle of raw organic honey. I’ve also tried adding blueberries to the ingredients, and the results were delicious. I hope this helps you all steer clear of sugary death treats!