Your hair is definitely one of the first and most important things that people notice about your appearance. Therefore, to be attractive and confident, some expect their hair look long, shiny and gorgeous.
It is estimated that each of us has approximately five million hair follicles, where the hair arises from. On the scalp, hair can reach the length of 36 centimeters in 3 years and keep growing for up to 3 more years before falling out.
To have a long, thick and healthy hair, many people resort to chemical products or some kinds of medical treatments with the hope of promoting hair growth just in a short time. However, not all of them get what they want. Some even get adverse effects from these cosmetics.
The desire doesn’t seem that difficult to fulfill if you are aware of simple, effective and natural ingredients around your house, which can help you nourish and improve the hair. Saying that doesn’t mean some kinds of herb can give you what you want just after a night since naturally, the most hair can grow is just 1 centimeter every month. So the responsibility of these natural ingredients is to reduce the impact of harmful factors that inhibit the growth and cause damage to the hair.
If you already have a long hair but it is not thick enough to make you feel attractive, please take a look at Home Remedies for Thinning Hair. Also, for those who are worrying about split ends, there are various natural remedies that can help you with it. You can find out more at How to Get Rid of Split Ends.
Here are top 10 simple tips showing you how to grow hair faster that you can easily apply to help your hair stronger, shinier, and longer…
1. Aloe Vera
By boosting blood circulation to the scalp, Aloe Vera effectively promotes the growth of your hair while providing nutrients to nourish it and the scalp.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and cut it open to get the gel inside.
- After shampooing your hair, use the gel to apply to your hair as conditioner.
- For better effect, you can mix it with some coconut oil.
2. Vitamin E and Essential Oil
Vitamin E is reckoned as a best friend of women since it is extremely useful in nourishing the skin, hair and treating other problems. At the same time, with the assistance of essential oil, which possesses antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidant, the treatment becomes one of the best options for those who want to grow hair faster.
- Mix vitamin E and jojoba essential oils together with the ratio of 4:1.
- Add into it 1 teaspoon of peppermint oil and some drops of rosemary oil.
- Mix them well then rub the solution to your scalp.
- After giving a massage, leave it overnight.
- In the next morning, wash off your hair with water.
- Do this several times a week to quickly grow your hair.
3. Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice
According to expert, coconut oil is beneficial for your hair and skin since it contains an array of nutrients while lemon juice is effective in killing and eliminating bacteria, germs that cause hair problems.
Do not miss this tip if you want to grow hair faster.
- Squeeze a lemon to get the juice. Add into it a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Mix it well then apply to your head.
- Leave it overnight and wash your hair in the next morning.
Coffee is among the most popular beverage in the world with many benefits. However, there is one benefits of coffee that not many people are aware of, which is the impact on hair growth.
- Add 2 table spoons of coffer powder into your shampoo and use it to wash your hair as usual.
- Alternatively, add 2 tablespoons of coffee powder into water, shake it well and spray on your hair before washing off with shampoo 15 minutes.
- Do this daily so that you can quickly see the improvement.
5. Grapefruit Essential Oil
Grapefruit essential oil has been long used as an amazingly pure product to deal with hair problem, especially hair loss. It can excellently promote hair growth, making it longer, shinier and thicker just in a short period of time.
- After shampooing your hair, dry it with a towel.
- Give your scalp a massage for 5-10 minutes.
- Put the oil into a bottle and spray directly to your hair.
- Do this after every time you wash your hair.
6. Onion Juice and Honey
Another solution you can make to apply to your hair is onion juice and honey. These ingredients not only help your promote hair growth but also treat other hair problems like dandruff or scalp infection.
- Extract the juice from some onions and mix it with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the solution to the hair and leave it over night using a towel or a plastic cap.
- In the next morning, wash your hair with shampoo and cold water.
- For better effect, add some drops of essential oil into the solution before applying.
- Do this several times a week to promote hair growth.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is believed to possess excellent antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Besides, it is also able to balance the pH level on the scalp. This makes the liquid a perfect ingredient used to help you not only grow hair faster but also prevent hair loss and breakage.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons in water.
- Use a cotton cloth to dip into the liquid.
- Apply it to your scalp and leave it for some minutes before rinsing off.
Banana is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. In detail, the fruit contains an ample source of vitamin A, E, C, magnesium and potassium. By using bananas to make treatments for hair growth, you are using these valuable to nourish your hair and accelerate the hair growth.
- Puree some bananas and mix it with a little honey.
- Rub the mixture to your hair and scalp and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Finally rinse off with water.
9. Lavender Oil
Last but not least, lavender oil is one of the most popular ingredients that are highly effective in stimulating hair growth thanks to its valuable properties.
- Add some drops of lavender oil into a bowl of warm water.
- Spray the solution to your hair and scalp.
- Give the scalp a massage to promote blood circulation.
- Do this several times a week to grow your hair faster.
10. Egg, Yogurt and Mayonnaise
Egg, yogurt and mayonnaise are a perfect combination for you to nourish your hair and promote the growth faster.
- Take an egg and whip it with ¼ serving of yogurt and ¼ cup of mayonnaise.
- Mix them well then use the solution to apply and gently massage your scalp and hair.
- Use a plastic cap or a towel to cover your hair and leave it for 1 hour.
- Finally, wash your hair with shampoo and cold water.
- Do this once per week for the best result.
More by Jenny Heth
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Cavities – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- Home Remedies for Alopecia
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Ingrown Toenail
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor
- Top 10 Home Remedies for Staph Infection
- Top 15 Natural Home Remedies for Boils