Health Digest shared one simple ginger tea for treating cold, flu and coughing. If you want to avoid the cold and flu this year, then try this basic remedy to support your immune system:
- Crush ginger (a one inch piece) and tulsi leaves (10 pieces) coarsely;
- Add tea powder(1/2 tsp) in a pan of water and boil till boiling;
- Then add ginger and tusil;
- Strain into your cup, and if you like, add sugar into it and drink.
Every year the cold and flu season sneaks up and plagues the body with illness. You end up suffering from constant sniffles, sneezing and coughing along with an achy body chilled to the core because of that fever you have. Hope the remedy above can be helpful, here are more remedies you can try as well, they are totally natural and simple to prepare:
- Chamomile: This herb contain sedative properties that help relieve stress and promote sleep. Receiving adequate sleep each night can help protect your body from becoming ill. This herb also contains antibacterial, antiviral and antiseptic properties, which makes it perfect for relieving body aches, sore throats, chronic coughing and the sniffles.
- Echinacea: This potent herb contains antibacterial and antiviral properties. Due to these medicinal properties, Echinacea has the ability to strengthen the immune system and prevent you from becoming sick or not as sick with the cold and flu. The best forms of Echinacea to take are supplement, tea or tincture.
How to prepare Echinacea tea:
-1 part fresh Echinacea parts (leaves, flowers, roots).
-1 part grated ginger root
Infuse the Echinacea and ginger for 15 minutes in boiling water and then add lemon and honey for better taste. If you use dried Echinacea, then just add 1 teaspoon of this dried herb with 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger in a teapot, and steep it for 15 minutes using 2 cups of boiling water.
- Yin Chiao: Yin Chiao isn’t exactly just an herb. Instead, it is a blend of herbs used to create a medicinal tincture or medicinal tea that can be taken daily to lower your risks of catching the cold or flu. Some of the herbs used in the blend are peppermint, licorice, ginger, burdock seed and honeysuckle.
Usage: Take 4-5 grams at the first sign of Cold or Flu, then take 3-4 grams every four hours for the rest of the day. If symptoms persist, continue to take four every four hours.
- Astragalus: An herb a bit stronger than Echinacea that contains antibacterial and antiviral properties is Astragalus. The herb is a member of the pea family and it can be used to enhance the immune system so it can fight off cold and flu viruses better. This herb is best in tea form or tossed in a soup. However, you can purchase it in supplement form, but make sure it is a standardized so it contains the medicinal properties you need to help prevent illness.
How to Make Astragalus Tea
- Green Tea: The tea contains antioxidants that help support the immune system so it’s better at defending the body. It also has the ability to help reduce stress and keep your energized. Drinking two to three cups each day is all you need for maintaining health.
- Peppermint: If you start to have the sniffles with congestion, sip on some hot peppermint tea. It will help relieve the congestion and sniffles while providing your immune system with support.
- Garlic: Eating raw garlic daily is proven to strengthen and support the immune system so it can defend your body from illness during the cold and flu season. All that is needed to receive the health benefits from this herb are three cloves each day.
- Lemon Balm: This herb contains potent antiviral properties and is outstanding for relaxing the body, easing coughing and taming a sore throat when the cold and flu strike. The herb is best used to create a lemon balm tea to sip on, on a regular basis. It’s perfect for relieving stress from the body, which is necessary in order to keep you healthy and strong.
How to prepare: Infuse 3-4 sprays of fresh lemon balm leaves, or 1 Oz of dried lemon balm leaves in the boiling water for 10-15 minutes, add honey to sweeten if you like.
- Elderberry: A remedy high in vitamin C and antioxidants that is excellent for keeping the body’s defense system working is elderberry. It can be taken in syrup form, supplement form or as a tea. Some people even make jams and jellies from this herb and eat it daily to receive the health benefits from it.