What are Hickeys?
A hickey is often seen as a love mark, which is a bruise or a dark mark appearing commonly on neck or arm. Since hickeys can be easily seen, they make the owners embarrassed and not comfortable when other people notice. Therefore, both men and women tend to cover or get rid of hickeys even though it is considered the mark of love.
Causes of Hickeys
A hickey is formed when there is a rupture of capillaries or blood clots under the skin, which is caused by a hard kissing, biting or suckling. Hickeys often appear as redness on the skin at first, then gradually turn into dark blue shade.
Without treatments, a hickey will disappear after a few days. However, if you do not want people to know the existence of hickeys on your neck, treat them yourself with simple ingredients at your house.
Here are top 10 useful tips on how to get rid of hickeys you should try to immediately fade the marks of hickeys…
Since hickeys are formed with the blood clots under the skin, you can try massaging the area with your fingers in order to stimulate the circulation of blood. This is one of the simplest and easiest tips on how to get rid of hickeys.
Use your fingers to massage the affected area for a few minutes. Do this several times a day to quickly remove the marks.
2. Cold Compress
Some people like to use ice bag to treat bruise since it can quickly reduce the discoloration of the area. Accordingly, you can totally use coldness as an effective treatment on how to get rid of hickeys.
Specifically, the cold will promptly reduce the symptoms of hickeys by breaking the clots and stimulating blood flow under your skin. As a result, you will soon recover your skin.
- You can choose an ice bag or a frozen spoon to apply to the affected areas.
- Leave it there for some minutes then remove.
- Do this several times a day to quickly get rid of hickeys.
3. Warm Compress
If you do not like coldness and prefer warmness instead, it is totally fine. This is because you can use warm compress to heal hickeys instantly as it helps enhance the blood circulation excellently.
- Take a towel and dip it into hot water. Wring out the excess water. Apply directly the towel to your hickeys for a few minutes.
- Alternatively, use a hair blower to warm up the area while you are massaging the skin.
4. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is essential for your skin in general and for collagen production in particular. In detail, vitamin C is needed for healing and repairing process of the skin, which makes hickeys soon go away.
- Eat more citrus fruits that are extremely rich in vitamin C such as orange, grape fruit, lemon, etc.
- Alternatively, you can take vitamin C supplement after consulting a doctor.
Similar to massage with fingers, you can use toothbrush to do your fingers’ job by making it a tool to stimulate the blood circulation under your skin. This, in turn, helps breaking the clots and spread them to surrounding areas.
As a result, the hickeys will be soon faded and you will get back your flawless skin. Accordingly, you definitely should try this simple tip first before using other ingredients.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera contains excellent anti-inflammatory property, which helps recover the broken capillaries. As a result, the hickeys will soon go away. Additionally, Aloe Vera is beneficial for your skin as it moisturizes and nourishes the skin from outside, improving your skin and prevent many diseases.
- Take the gel from an Aloe Vera leaf and apply it to the hickeys.
- Massage the area with your fingers for some minutes.
- Finally, wash off with water.
7. Banana Peel
Do not waste banana peels since they have so many health benefits that you are not fully aware. One of those is reducing hickeys and recovering your skin. Therefore, it is the reason why banana is on our list of treatment on how to get rid of hickeys.
- Directly apply banana peels to your hickeys.
- After some minutes, remove the peel and rinse off the area.
8. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is really good for your skin. In a normal condition, it moisturizes and accelerates the growth of new skin tissues. In case of hickeys, cocoa butter plays an important role in reducing blood clots and speeding up healing of the skin.
- Melt some cocoa butter and apply to the hickeys.
- Give the skin a massage for a few minutes.
- Finally, rinse off with tepid water.
Peppermint possesses many incredible health benefits that you should be aware of, including dealing with hickeys. Specifically, the herb is able to improve blood circulation and heal the broken capillaries.
All you need to do is use peppermint oil or toothpaste with peppermint ingredient to apply to the hickeys. Massage the area for some minutes before rinsing off with clean water.
Alcohol is another ingredient you can use on how to get rid of hickeys. The liquid is highly effective in promoting blood circulation, breaking the clots and spreading them to surrounding areas.
- Use a cotton cloth to apply alcohol to your hickeys.
- After some minutes, rinse off the area with water.
- Finally, apply moisturizer to your skin to avoid dryness.
More by Jenny Heth
- How to Get Rid of Razor Burn – 10 Natural Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of a Black Eye
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of Double Chin – Top Pocket-friendly Treatments
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- Home Remedies for Alopecia