Basically, hangover is an unpleasant feeling that most of people, who have consumed excessive alcohol at least once in their lifetime, have to experience. This is owing to the fact that the liver cannot metabolize an excessive amount of alcoholic beverages such as beer, wine, whiskey, etc.
Symptoms of Hangover
When you get hangover, both your mind and your body cannot work as normal since they are affected by alcohol. Common symptoms of hangover include:
- Headache and dizziness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fatigue and weakness
- Sensitivity to sound and light
- Depression and anxiety
- Rapid heartbeat
This is definitely not a state that people wound like to stay. Therefore, they will find ways to get out of it as soon as possible.
Here are top 10 handy tips on how to get rid of hangover that you will certainly want to know.
If you have nothing in your house but water, wrap it and have as much as you can. This is one of the simplest but most effective home remedies on how to get rid of hangover that you should try. Specifically, a huge amount of water after getting inside the digestive system can dilutes significantly the impurities and make up for the loss of water caused by alcohol.
You can also use electrolyte-replenishing sport drinks but should completely stay away from caffeinated beverages.
Banana is rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that can supply for the loss of potassium and electrolytes in the body. Additionally, banana is able to soothe the stomach and boost the energy, which in turn reduces symptoms of hangover.
- Consume 1-2 bananas after consuming too much alcohol.
- Alternatively, you can make banana smoothies for easier consumption.
3. Black Tea
The tannic acid present in black tea is what you need to remove all toxins, waste and alcohol left in your body. Besides, drinking black tea is a good idea to reduce dehydration, one of the most common symptoms of hangover.
- Dip a black tea bag into a cup of hot water.
- After 10 minutes, strain the tea and add some honey or lemon juice.
- Consume it a few times a day to reduce hangover.
4. Tomato Juice
Tomato has an amazing effect on people with hangover. This is due to the fact that it can speed up the metabolism of the liver, which in turn excretes the excessive amount of alcohol more quickly and effectively. Furthermore, the vitamins and minerals in tomatoes can reduce fatigue, weakness and other discomforts caused by alcohol. Accordingly, you should definitely make use of this ingredient for how to get rid of hangover.
- Make a glass of tomato juice and mix with some honey.
- Also, add into it a little cayenne pepper.
- Consume the mixture at least 2 times a day.
Lemon has been long used as a traditional treatment for those who have just has too much alcohol. In detail, the fruit is able to ease annoying symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, dizziness, headache. In addition to that, lemon can regulate the blood sugar level as well as pH level in the body so that you can restore the balance yourself.
- Mix some lemon juice with warm water.
- Add into it a little honey or salt to enhance the effect.
- Consume the mixture several times a day to completely eliminate the condition.
Another effective treatments on how to get rid of hangover is honey, a versatile ingredient used in various natural remedies for health and beauty. In case of hangover, it helps soothe the stomach and reduce other symptoms.
- Consume raw honey in a few hours until the hangover disappears.
- Also, add 1-2 teaspoons of honey in a glass of warm water. Consume the solution several times a day for the best effect.
7. Toast and Egg
In the next morning after the night you get drunk, your stomach will be certainly empty and upset. Therefore, a light meal for breakfast is a good way to calm it and reduce other symptoms of hangover.
In this case, toast and egg will do the trick. By making use of carbohydrates, toast is able to recover the lost nutrients and expel all impurities out of the body. Meanwhile, the protein in eggs helps boost energy and reduce fatigue.
8. Green Bean
If you are wondering how to get rid of hangover, try green bean, an ingredient used to detoxify and improve the liver. This, in turn, helps people with hangover get back their consciousness and improve their health.
- Grind some green beans into powder form.
- Mix it with boiling water and let it cool off.
- After that, strain the liquid and consume the liquid.
9. Hot Soup
There is nothing better than a bowl of hot soup. This remedy not only calms your stomach but also heat up the body, stimulating metabolism to expel the toxin out of the body. Plus, the soup provides an amount of water that you need to stay away from dehydration.
After getting something to fill your stomach, find your way to bed and take time for sleeping. It is highly recommended that you should spend more time for sleeping in the following day after getting drunk. When sleeping, the body will work to recover all damage and get relief from some symptoms such as headache, dizziness and nausea.
More by Jenny Heth
- Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis – Top 10 Effective Treatments
- How to Stop Bleeding – Top 10 Simple Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Headache – Top 10 Handy Tips
- Home Remedies for Sore Throat – 10 Useful Tips
- How to Get Rid of Razor Burn – 10 Natural Handy Tips
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of Double Chin – Top Pocket-friendly Treatments
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments