What is Bloating?
Bloating is a common condition occurring among both adults and children. Specifically, when you get bloating, you will feel full and tight in the abdominal area. Additionally, your belly will become distended obviously.
Other symptoms of bloating you can easily notice include excessive gas, pain and belching. In some cases, people may experience a little pain in the back.
Causes of Bloating
Basically, bloating is a consequence of intestinal gas accumulating in the stomach. This can be caused by a number of factors such as:
- Acid reflux
- Swallowing air
- Weight gain
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Severe diseases like ovarian cancer, celiac disease or pancreatic insufficiency
Here are top 10 effective treatments on how to get rid of bloating that you can easily apply to deal with the condition…
According to experts, ginger is packed with pungent compounds, including shogaols and gingerols, 2 valuable substances that can reduce the discomforts in your stomach and ease the intestinal muscles. With this excellent ability, ginger becomes an inevitable ingredient for how to get rid of bloating.
- Add some ginger slices into a cup of hot water. Let them steep for some minutes then strain. Mix it with some honey to improve the flavor and enhance the effect. Consume the solution 2-3 times a day until the condition improves.
- Alternatively, chew some ginger slices or eat 1 teaspoon of ground ginger before every meal of the day.
Last but not least, cinnamon will make you surprised with its amazing effect in how to get rid of bloating. By inhibiting the gas formation in the stomach, cinnamon effectively treats and prevents the recurrence of bloating.
- Take half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a glass of milk.
- Mix them well and consume several times a day to reduce symptoms of bloating.
3. Chamomile Tea
Since ancient time, chamomile has been used as an incredible herb in treating various ailments and diseases, including bloating. In case of home remedies for bloating, chamomile works brilliantly to soothe the stomach and reduce heartburn by using its anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Put a chamomile tea bag in a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for some minutes then strain the liquid.
- Add some honey to improve the taste.
- Use the tea to consume at least 2-3 times a day before every meal.
It has been confirmed that garlic is beneficial for human’s stomach as it helps treat and prevent various related diseases. In home remedies on how to get rid of bloating, garlic actively works to promote gastric flame while reducing the intestinal gas.
- Put some garlic cloves in water and boil them.
- Add a little cumin seeds and pepper in the solution.
- Strain the liquid and drink it several times a day.
Buttermilk is another great home remedy on how to get rid of bloating you should take into consideration.
- Take a glass of buttermilk and add into it 1 teaspoon of carom seeds and sea salt.
- Consume the mixture 2 times a day for the best result.
6. Fennel Seeds
Fennel is the next ingredient on the list of home remedies for bloating. The seed with its diuretic, anti-microbial and carminative properties helps soothe the muscle spasms and reduce irritation.
- Add 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds in a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for some minutes.
- Strain and consume the liquid a few times a day until you are completely relieved from the symptoms.
What makes pumpkin appear on the list of home remedies on how to get rid of bloating is its profile of nutrients that includes vitamin A, fiber and potassium as well as other valuable substances. These nutrients are essential for relieving the discomforts and improving digestion.
- Simply add more pumpkin to your daily diet.
Thanks to the anti-spasmodic property, peppermint is able to reduce spasms in the digestive system including bile duct, gastrointestinal tract and gallbladder. Accordingly, it becomes an excellent ingredients used for how to get rid of bloating.
- As soon as you notice symptoms of bloating, get some fresh peppermint leaves and chew.
- Alternatively, make a cup of peppermint tea and consume 2-3 times a day until the condition improves.
Banana is among the best fruit for not only your stomach but also your overall health. This is due to the nutritional value of banana that provides you a huge amount of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Therefore, you should not skip this delicious fruit on the list of treatments for how to get rid of bloating.
- Simply consume 2-3 bananas a day to reduce bloating.
- You can also make a banana smoothie for another way to consume.
Lemon is found with an immense source of nutrients such as vitamin B, C, calcium, phosphorus, riboflavin, carbohydrates and so on. These valuable substances work well together to flush out waste and toxins in your stomach and the whole body. Simultaneously, the fruit is also able to promote the production and activity of gastric juice, accelerating the process of breaking down food. As a result, it makes an ideal treatment on how to get rid of bloating.
- Extract the juice from half a lemon and mix it with some warm water.
- Use the solution to consume 2-3 times a day.
- You can add some honey to improve the taste if you wish.
More by Jenny Heth
- Home Remedies for Sore Throat – 10 Useful Tips
- How to Get Rid of Razor Burn – 10 Natural Handy Tips
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of Double Chin – Top Pocket-friendly Treatments
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- How to Get Rid of a Black Eye