Armpits are among the most sensitive areas on the body of human, where can be easily affected by fungi and bacteria, leading to many problems like bad odor, dark skin and especially rashes.
When you are suffering from armpit rash, you are likely to experience itchiness and pain as well. Additionally, bad odor is another inevitable and obvious symptom when you catch this problem.
Commonly, there are several causes that can lead to armpit rash. However, some of main reasons might include:
- Excessive sweating
- Certain cosmetics products like soaps, perfumes, deodorant, etc.
- Poor hygiene
- Bacteria and fungi
Here are top 10 home remedies on how to get rid of armpit rash you can easily apply and get effect without any intervention of medicines or cosmetics.
Oatmeal is another ingredient you can use to make home remedies for armpit rash. With the anti-inflammatory property, oatmeal can ease the itchiness and pain while reducing the development of rashes. Furthermore, oatmeal is also useful in keep the skin properly hydrated and moist.
- Mix a cup of oatmeal in warm water.
- You can add some drops of essential oils like lavender or olive oil to increase the effect.
- Use the solution to wash your armpit and apply for some minutes.
- Finally, rinse off with water.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil contains loads of healthy fats and vitamins E, which help moisturize skin and eliminate bacteria. This is the reason why coconut oil should be on our list of home remedies for armpit rash.
- Put some drops of coconut oil on your hands.
- Gently rub it over your armpits for a few minutes.
- Finally, wash off with clean water.
- Finally, let it dry naturally.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Tee tree oil is excellent in dealing with skin diseases caused by fungi and bacteria such as ringworm and eczema. As a result, there will be nothing more suitable than tea tree oil in the fight against armpit rash.
- Mix some drops of tea tree oil with a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Apply the mixture to your armpits.
- After 10 minutes, wash the areas with cold water.
For centuries, lemon has been used to deal with problems caused by bacteria and fungi. In addition to that, the fruit is also able to work as an excellent natural deodorant what prevent bad odor from armpit. Accordingly, you can definitely use lemon for armpit rash treatments.
- Extract the juice from a lemon then mix it with some water.
- Apply the mixture to the affected area and gently rub.
- After 15 minutes, wash off with clean water.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a familiar ingredient in our pantry with many surprising and amazing uses. Besides common uses of baking soda, the ingredient is able to help you in how to get rid of armpit rash thanks to its antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mix some baking soda with warm water to make a fine paste.
- Directly apply the paste to your armpits and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Finally, wash off with tepid water.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has been long used as a perfect treatment for skin problems, including armpit rash. The plant contains antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that are strong enough to fight against bacteria causing the problem.
Plus, Aloe Vera provides enough vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients helping improve your skin, even the most sensitive areas.
- Get the gel inside of an Aloe Vera leaf.
- Use it to rub over the affected areas and leave it for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Finally, wash off the area with clean water.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Whenever it comes to how to get rid of armpit rash, do not forget apple cider vinegar. The liquid is highly effective in treating skin problems that cause itchiness, pain and irritation thanks to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Dissolve one tablespoon of vinegar into half a cup of water.
- Use a cotton cloth to apply the mixture to your affected skin.
- After 15 minutes, wash off again with clean water.
No matter where you get rash, as soon as you apply coldness, the itchiness will soon go away. Ice is a perfect solution when you are suffering from irritation and pain on the skin.
Specifically, according to experts, coldness has a great impact on inflammation, which in turn reduces armpit rash.
To make use of ice for how to get rid of armpit rash:
- Use a towel to wrap some ice.
- Apply the ice bag to the affected areas for some minutes.
9. Vitamin E
You must have known the importance of vitamin E to your skin, in which the vitamin helps improve the skin and reduce irritation.
You can choose either applying vitamin E topically on the affected skin or take vitamin E supplement to nourish the skin and fight back the disease from inside.
10. Shea Butter
Last but not least, Shea butter is another ingredient used to combat armpit rash, in which the ingredient can excellently eliminates itchiness and pain. Furthermore, the nutrients in Shea butter can help nourish the skin and accelerate healing.
- After washing the area properly, apply some Shea butter over the affected area.
- After some minutes, rinse off the area and let it dry naturally.
More by Jenny Heth
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of Double Chin – Top Pocket-friendly Treatments
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- Home Remedies for Alopecia
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Ingrown Toenail
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor