Herbal teas are not only made for relaxing, but they are also packed with various nutrients and low in calories. They are normally fragrant and appealing. Start drinking herbal teas often, they will provide lots of beneficial effects on health and helps deal with many ailments. One of the most remarkable benefits of the herbal teas is treating sleep disorders.
There are many natural sleep remedies, here is one of the most effective drinks that you can sip before your bedtime to improve your sleep and help you relax.
This drink is the combination of the two most relaxing herbs which are great for promoting rest and keeping you calm.
- 1 teaspoon of chamomile buds
- 1 teaspoon of lavender buds
- 8 ounces of water
- Raw honey to taste
Boil the water and put in a tea ball, place the lavender buds and chamomile buds into the tea ball. Allow them to steep for 15 minutes, add a teaspoon of raw honey to taste.
The ingredients are easy to find in your kitchen and both of which are useful for helping you relax into sleep.
Chamomile is one of the most popular herbs that’s used in teas. This herb calms your mind, helps you relax and also reduces stress, so if you feel hard to go to sleep, drink a cup of chamomile tea, it will help you fall asleep naturally and quickly. Chamomile also soothes the stomach and relieves several digestive problems, such as gas, bloating and indigestion.
Lavender’s medicinal properties make it as a remedy for many ailments since centuries. A cup of lavender tea before bedtime can soothe your mind and promote sleep. Other medicinal uses of lavender are including:
- It helps uplift your spirit and treats stress, depression
- Helps soothe an upset stomach
- Reduces cough
- Relieves the cold symptoms
- Help reduce body temperature during fever
- Helps heal wounds and cuts
How to use
Make your chamomile-lavender drink half an hour before bedtime and drink a cup of it; you will fall asleep quickly and not wake up in the night.
More notes about using natural herbs for sleep from Sleep Health Foundation
- There are more herbs have the ability to improve sleep, including Kava, passionflower, hops and valerian.
- Some herbs improve sleep by reducing anxiety, and studies have found that Kava has a high evidence level for reducing anxiety, and passionflower, chamomile have medium evidence levels.
- Herbal remedies help sleep while it needs time, it tends to take 2-3 weeks before you get an improvement.
Read more by author Heidi Kristoffer.