Figs grow on the Ficus tree (Ficus carica), which is a member of the Mulberry family. They are unique in that they have an opening, called the “ostiole” or “eye,” which is not connected to the tree, but which helps the fruit’s development by increasing its communication with the environment. Figs range dramatically in color and subtly in texture depending upon the variety. The majority of figs are dried, either by exposure to sunlight or through an artificial process, creating a sweet and nutritious dried fruit that can be enjoyed throughout the year.
Figs health benefits to treat mild disease such as get rid of acne’s or pimples to prevent some cancer disease such as prostate cancer. Figs rich in beta-carotene, another high nutrient content in it is carbohydrates. Its contain vitamin A, C, E and K and other vitamins, also minerals such as calcium, copper, iron and so on.
Prevent Cancer, Diabetes, Heart attack And More
1.Coumarin content of the figs, may also reduce the risk of Prostate Cancer. Eating figs regularly can help reduce the risk of breast cancer and colon cancer.
2.They contain the essential bone building trio of magnesium, calcium, and vitamin K2.
Without magnesium, calcium is inert. And without K2, calcium strays away from bone matter and into the blood, possibly calcifying blood vessel inner linings.2. Reduce cholesterol
The soluble fiber found in figs called Pectin helps in reducing blood cholesterol.Figs help lower serum triglyceride levels. Triglyceride levels are considered more relevant markers for predicting heart health issues and obesity than cholesterol readings.
3.The content of Potassium, Omega 3 and Omega 6 on fig fruit helps to maintain blood pressure and coronary heart attacks.
4. Figs are very high in iron, the mineral that helps create red blood cells and prevent anemia. Pregnant women are encouraged to keep their red blood cell levels high. So shove the pickles and chocolates aside and snack on dried figs if you’re expecting.
5. Figs leaves have healing properties. Decoction of fig leaves can help patients with diabetes reduces the amount of insulin intake.
6. Dried figs are at the top of the dried fruit list for phenol antioxidant levels. Fruit antioxidants have demonstrated higher eye health benefits than vegetable antioxidants, including carrots, even offering protection against age related macular degeneration (ARMD), the leading cause of blindness.
7. Figs are alkaline producing, helping the body achieve and maintain that optimum 7.0-7.4 pH reading to lead a disease-free healthy life.
8. When applied to the skin, baked figs can cure inflammations like abscesses and ulcers.
9. Due to its high water content, mashed figs acts as an excellent skin cleanser and helps in preventing and curing acne.
10. Figs are rich in calcium and calcium is an excellent alternative for the therapeutic treatment of people who are allergic to dairy products.
11. Figs are rich in natural Benzaldehid as Phenol and Anti-Tumor Agent and Micro-organisms can kill pathogens, fungus and virus in the human body.
12. Fig fruit is rich in dietary fiber, which makes them very effective for weight loss program (Obesity).
13. Content of Calcium and Potassium in figs prevent bone thinning (osteoporosis), and helps to increase bone density.
14. Content of Tryptophan in figs, induces good sleep and helps get rid of sleep disorders such as insomnia.
15. During this time, figs have also been used to treat sexual weakness.
16. They also contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that help prevent coronary heart diseases. Figs have traditionally been used as an aphrodisiac.
17. Figs are a great source of dietary fibre and make you feel satiated. So, it’s a great option for those who want to lose weight. The fibre content is also excellent for the digestive system and helps relieve Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).