Why Egyptians Called Aloe Vera “The Plant Of Immortality”?


Aloe Vera long time has been a popular houseplant. Often called the ‘miracle plant’ or the ‘natural healer’, Aloe Vera is a plant of many surprises. It flourishes in warm and dry climates, and to many people it looks like a cactus with fleshy thorny leaves. Aloe Vera known is known to the Egyptians as plant of immortality. For over 6000 years Aloe Vera has been widely used to treat many health aliments.

According to a study, aloe vera possesses anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties that assist the immune system in cleansing the body of toxins and invading pathogens.

Aloe Vera Contains Minerals-Enzymes-Vitamins-Amino Acids

Aloe is about 99% water, the remaining 1% is extremely powerful  because it has close to 100 ingredients  that work extremely well together. Aloe vera contains many minerals vital to the growth process and healthy function of all the body’s systems. It’s loaded with calcium, magnesium, zinc, chromium, selenium, sodium, iron, potassium, copper, and manganese. These minerals work together to boost metabolic pathways. Its enzymes like amylase and lipase aid in digestion by breaking down fat and sugar molecules. It also contains salicylic acid, which fights inflammation and bacteria.

Aloe Vera is one of the only known natural vegetarian sources of Vitamin B12, however it appears there are only trace amounts of B12 at best in Aloe Vera. Its Vitamin C which helps maintain tone of blood vessels and promotes good circulation and it’s essential to the health of the adrenal gland which supports our body in times of stress.

Other Uses For Aloe Vera

-Treats burns from minor mishaps
-Soothes and heals sunburns the feel-good way
-Reduces tissue damage
-Antidote to allergic skin reactions
-Prevents pimples and treats acne
-Reverses signs of aging skin and wrinkles
-Aloe vera juice relieves gastrointestinal disorders
-Lowers blood sugar levels especially for diabetics
-Eases congestion, stomach ulcers, colitis, hemorrhoids, urinary tract infections


1) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3729540/

2) http://livingtraditionally.com/what-happens-to-your-body-when-you-consume-raw-aloe-vera-juice-1/

3) http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/herbal-remedies/amazing-aloe-vera.htm

4) http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-aloe-vera.html


How To Make Dandelion Tea? It Fights Diabetes, Kills Cancer Cells & Serves as Great Diuretic

Phyllis Bentley
I have 12 years’ experience in the medical industry. As a freelance writer, I have written a number of articles which have been published in highly read publications. I have a strong knowledge base in a range of medical and wellness topics and in the business of health care.
Specialities in Family health; autoimmune diseases; mental health; diabetes, cancer; fitness and nutrition.